help!!! not eating !

Chameleons can be very sensitive to change. If he is healthy otherwise, don't worry about a few days of not eating. He is likely just "upset" about the new plant.

my juvenile veiled chameleon has not eaten since I got him his new scheffelera tree yesterday ? is that fine ?:confused:

Assuming he is eating between 2-3 times a day usually, I would say no. Of course, with only 1 days time we can't really be sure anything is truly wrong. Maybe he is just not feeling well today and is letting his digestion catch up. Without more info and time it would be pretty hard to say whether or not something is wrong.

But, I will still give a theory nonetheless. Assuming you didn't re-pot at least the top half of the soil, there is a chance that he could have ingested something harmful. Has he had a BM since you noticed the lack of eating? Does he appear bloated on his sides/toward his trap? Has any other behavior changed? Drinking habits, sleeping habits, general activity during the day, basking spot, etc...The more info you give, the better we can help.

?

He may upset, but he will definitely come to enjoy the plant. I have found the veils seem to prefer hibiscus as they can eat the flowers. As advice that was given to me, make sure to offer plenty of horizontal branches also.

hello

I removed the top crest of the soil and filled it with large pebbles so no soil is visible anymore. he does not look bloated from the sides and seems just fine. but im afraid that he wont last without food the next days. he is 1.5 months old

Assuming he is eating between 2-3 times a day usually, I would say no. Of course, with only 1 days time we can't really be sure anything is truly wrong. Maybe he is just not feeling well today and is letting his digestion catch up. Without more info and time it would be pretty hard to say whether or not something is wrong.

But, I will still give a theory nonetheless. Assuming you didn't re-pot at least the top half of the soil, there is a chance that he could have ingested something harmful. Has he had a BM since you noticed the lack of eating? Does he appear bloated on his sides/toward his trap? Has any other behavior changed? Drinking habits, sleeping habits, general activity during the day, basking spot, etc...The more info you give, the better we can help.

he looks healthy and I filled the pot with very large pebbles so no soil is visible.
what is BM ?

As long as he was eating well up to now, he will be fine even if he goes several days without eating. Of course, I am assuming there are no other underlying health issues and it is just the new plant causing him stress. Chameleons often go off their food when they encounter a new environment. Whether that be a new enclosure, new plant, new home, etc. If your only concern with him is not having eaten for a day, don't worry.

FYI, BM means bowel movement.

As long as he was eating well up to now, he will be fine even if he goes several days without eating. Of course, I am assuming there are no other underlying health issues and it is just the new plant causing him stress. Chameleons often go off their food when they encounter a new environment. Whether that be a new enclosure, new plant, new home, etc. If your only concern with him is not having eaten for a day, don't worry.

FYI, BM means bowel movement.

sorry I forgot to mention that he is shedding

sorry I forgot to mention that he is shedding

Well, that can make them go off their food too. Between the new plant and the shedding, it is not surprising he is not himself. Give him another day or two and see if he comes around. You can always try tempting him with a favorite treat :D

Back
Top Bottom