Help Needed

Can’t feel anything
Just keep checking up on her every few hours to observe her behavior, if she started the cage roaming and started eating less just a few days ago, she is likely not quite to the point where she will lay. Have you seen any evidence of her digging yet or seen her in the lay bin?

Just keep checking up on her every few hours to observe her behavior, if she started the cage roaming and started eating less just a few days ago, she is likely not quite to the point where she will lay. Have you seen any evidence of her digging yet or seen her in the lay bin?
No, not seen her digging and there’s not really any holes in the sand, I have seen her on the sand a few times and I had put one locust in yesterday and it’s still there

No, not seen her digging and there’s not really any holes in the sand, I have seen her on the sand a few times and I had put one locust in yesterday and it’s still there

She's more than likely just in the beginning stages of getting ready to lay a clutch of infertile eggs. Sometimes they take their time to do it.

She's more than likely just in the beginning stages of getting ready to lay a clutch of infertile eggs. Sometimes they take their time to do it.
I had a little gentil feel and I think I could feel a little egg she happily sat there and let me feel, didn’t seem to be a lot but I think I felt one

Still no eggs, she is eating a little and is getting bigger, I can feel the eggs inside her tho!

I need some opinions on this small ‘issue that i have with my cham.
Sometimes when I see him in his cage hes a very dark and chocolate brown colour which makes me concerned on his emotional or health state is.
Is he sick?
Is he bored?
Is he hot or cold?
When i take him out of the cage to handle him for a bit he turns a way nicer colour of turquoise, yellow and light brown like hes happy.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Should I change his lighting?

I need some opinions on this small ‘issue that i have with my cham.
Sometimes when I see him in his cage hes a very dark and chocolate brown colour which makes me concerned on his emotional or health state is.
Is he sick?
Is he bored?
Is he hot or cold?
When i take him out of the cage to handle him for a bit he turns a way nicer colour of turquoise, yellow and light brown like hes happy.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Should I change his lighting?
Howdy @lluvlizard1234 copy and past as well as you can . https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/ . Start a thread on health clinic , You will get more help . Kristen

So any progress yet?
Nope, she is eating a bit now, but she is still active around the cage and she seems to be getting bigger. I had a test hole in the sand and I left it there and it’s not here anymore. The picture was of her 5 mins ago

Attachments

• 1DDF3771-4948-48DA-A89A-5AD8D7008E64.jpeg
    1DDF3771-4948-48DA-A89A-5AD8D7008E64.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 103
Nope, she is eating a bit now, but she is still active around the cage and she seems to be getting bigger. I had a test hole in the sand and I left it there and it’s not here anymore. The picture was of her 5 mins ago
She looks to still have her bright colors . She is likely not ready . Her colors will get much darker when she is closer . Still eating , drinking , and active is all signs of not ready . Just keep her bin in her condo and a close eye .

She looks to still have her bright colors . She is likely not ready . Her colors will get much darker when she is closer . Still eating , drinking , and active is all signs of not ready . Just keep her bin in her condo and a close eye .
She walks around on the sand in the tubbbut also sneaks down to the sides of the tub as if she is looking for something, she still eats and drinks tho

You said you dug a test hole and now it's gone? This has happened to me before where the female goes and inspects it, doesn't like it and covers the hole. She is close. Remember to give her privacy. Female chameleons are at their most vulnerable when laying eggs so usually if you're always poking your head in she won't want to lay. I cover my cages with towels when laying time comes.

She should go off food completely when she's very close to laying.

You said you dug a test hole and now it's gone? This has happened to me before where the female goes and inspects it, doesn't like it and covers the hole. She is close. Remember to give her privacy. Female chameleons are at their most vulnerable when laying eggs so usually if you're always poking your head in she won't want to lay. I cover my cages with towels when laying time comes.

She should go off food completely when she's very close to laying.
She is eating still, she is covered with a huge table cloth and no one else is in my room but me and I only look in once a day and I feed her and spray her before her lights go off

hey looking for some help, my chameleon showed signs of being gravid, people on here helped my with the process (on a post called Help Needed) she seems to have went back to normal and is eating and drinking fine. She has shed and there’s no interest in the laying bin that’s there. There has been no sign of eggs being layed

Have I just been worried about it and it’s just been adult colouring ?

Help would be great

Generally what happens is a female will develop the receptive colours. After a few days or weeks of not being mated she will become gravid (officially bearing tiny eggs). At this point if she saw a male or even another female she would show gravid colours which is very dark green to black with orange/yellow and blue spots. She will then get prepared for egg laying around 25 to 35 days after becoming receptive or after mating during the receptive period. You know that she is close to egg laying when she stops eating and begins roaming the cage - especially the floor.

If she does not lay the eggs she is almost certainly egg bound and will die at some stage because of that. I have heard of females dying from eggbinding straight after missing the laying period and some that even begin eating and acting normal again after missing the laying period only to die in a few weeks (although still visibly obvious that she is carrying eggs).

How long has it been since she showed the receptive colours - the yellow and blue spots with neutral light green body colour?

She has started roaming on the floor again And not really interested in the locust, although she’s orange spots and a yellow line she’s not dark green tho

Back
Top Bottom