Help Needed

My female Cham is not eating as much as she used to and she has developed green/blue and also yellow/orange spots. She has also become very active and wanting out all the time where as she used to hate being out. What could this be ?

Jevin

Avid Member
To me it sounds like she is gravid and ready to getting ready to lay a clutch of eggs. I'm guessing you have a veiled chameleon. Do you have a lay bin setup for her already?

To me it sounds like she is gravid and ready to getting ready to lay a clutch of eggs. I'm guessing you have a veiled chameleon. Do you have a lay bin setup for her already?
No, I didn’t realise she could have eggs without a male, I never looked in to the breeding side of a chameleon as she is never going to be paired with one, will I need one or will she lay in the dirt substrate.

Jevin

Avid Member
I unfortunately start work soon, however, if you check under the resources part of the site, there are caresheets and lay bins are included in there I believe. She will produce infertile eggs even without a male being present.

I unfortunately start work soon, however, if you check under the resources part of the site, there are caresheets and lay bins are included in there I believe. She will produce infertile eggs even without a male being present.
Okay, thanks for your help. I will look into it.

How long do u think i will have to set one up? She is always wanting out and walking around on the floor of her cage but she doesnt look fat.

Kristen Wilkins

Chameleon Enthusiast
My female Cham is not eating as much as she used to and she has developed green/blue and also yellow/orange spots. She has also become very active and wanting out all the time where as she used to hate being out. What could this be ?
@Sbrady052 you will need to set up your lay bin ASAP . If your girl does not have a proper lay bin she will become egg bound and she will not live . Please please do your research on proper lay bin and signs you need to watch for . Also you want to cut her temps and food back right now . Can you please post a pic . Also I’m tagging @jannb . Jann can help you with question . Jann know veiled better then any one . Best of luck . Feel free to pm question if you need more guidance . Kristen .

CA6BE4B0-D673-4130-8D9D-3ACD801A03C9.jpeg
@Sbrady052 you will need to set up your lay bin ASAP . If your girl does not have a proper lay bin she will become egg bound and she will not live . Please please do your research on proper lay bin and signs you need to watch for . Also you want to cut her temps and food back right now . Can you please post a pic . Also I’m tagging @jannb . Jann can help you with question . Jann know veiled better then any one . Best of luck . Feel free to pm question if you need more guidance . Kristen .
Here is a pic of her

Looks pretty good . Did you drill holes in the bottom ? It has to drain other wise you will have lots of water . How deep is it ? Once you see your girl start digging you want to give her complete privacy . Lights and watering should be same schedule .
It’s around 10 inches the picture doesn’t look like it but it is. She is covered on all sides with a sheet. Will I still mist her ?

Kristen Wilkins

Chameleon Enthusiast
It’s around 10 inches the picture doesn’t look like it but it is. She is covered on all sides with a sheet. Will I still mist her ?
Yes same schedule lights and misting . Do you hand mist or do you have an auto Mister ? Check with @jannb i would if me add a few more inches . If Jann oks 10 inch’s it’s all good . Have you cut her feeding back ? Or has she her self ?

Top Bottom