Help Needed

Yes she will be up and down, she will dig many holes and pick the best one, then she will go in backwards and lay them cover them, I’ll leave it in for a day and make sure she’s finished, she’ll have sand all on her and she’ll need stayed well and feed with lots of calcium and I’ll take them out and discard them

She may test out all her pots , and dig many test wholes before deciding on her spot . She will likely be up and down . Have you looked over what to expect ?
Yes she will be up and down, she will dig many holes and pick the best one, then she will go in backwards and lay them cover them, I’ll leave it in for a day and make sure she’s finished, she’ll have sand all on her and she’ll need stayed well and feed with lots of calcium and I’ll take them out and discard them

Awesome !. I was not trying to treat you like an idiot . I hope you did not think that :D .

A bit irrelevant but how do I start a conversation? As in how do I post for everybody to see and reply to so that I can get advice? I just got my chameleon yesterday and I need help. Thanks.

A bit irrelevant but how do I start a conversation? As in how do I post for everybody to see and reply to so that I can get advice? I just got my chameleon yesterday and I need help. Thanks.
Under each header it says post new thread . It directly under general discussion it’s in a blue box . You want to pick what best suits your discussion.

Post in heath clinic . Copy and past the how to ask . You won’t get as many questions. I will try and watch for you . I can tag a few keepers that can best help you .

Awesome !. I was not trying to treat you like an idiot . I hope you did not think that :D .
No don’t worry lol
I do feel like one as I hadn’t researched about the eggs (I have now) and I understand that your just trying to help with the process of her laying

No don’t worry lol
I do feel like one as I hadn’t researched about the eggs (I have now) and I understand that your just trying to help with the process of her laying
Your on it now . I’m not sure where you got her from but I’m guessing a pet store . Their Famous for incorrect info/and or telling you wrong sex or they don’t know:rolleyes: . Veiled chameleon are the quickest to sex rate from hatchlings . You came to the right place for help .

Your on it now . I’m not sure where you got her from but I’m guessing a pet store . Their Famous for incorrect info/and or telling you wrong sex or they don’t know:rolleyes: . Veiled chameleon are the quickest to sex rate from hatchlings . You came to the right place for help .
The lay I got her from told me everything except eggs, I knew she was a female, I visited the lady yesterday and she said the same as you guys.

Guys there’s still no sign of eggs but she looks to be getting bigger, did I maybe put the bin in to early ? Or is she eggbound and can’t lay ?

She might take a few days to lay. My veiled usually spent a week of not eating and test digging before laying. And you can't put a lay bin in too early in my opinion. I actually kept my veiled chameleon's laybin in at all times, I only removed it after she was finished laying to get rid of the eggs and put it right back in.

Guys there’s still no sign of eggs but she looks to be getting bigger, did I maybe put the bin in to early ? Or is she eggbound and can’t lay ?
She is not likely to lay that fast . Not that it’s impossible but first clutch the little girls can be picky . It can be so many things . She may not think her bin is adequate . She might not be ready . My girl took so much time weeks and weeks . She dug holes and more holes . Or she could be egg bound . Do you have a exotic vet ? To be sure you may need some x-rays . I would suggest getting insurance . You will pay very minimal It’s very worth having when you have little girls .

She is not likely to lay that fast . Not that it’s impossible but first clutch the little girls can be picky . It can be so many things . She may not think her bin is adequate . She might not be ready . My girl took so much time weeks and weeks . She dug holes and more holes . Or she could be egg bound . Do you have a exotic vet ? To be sure you may need some x-rays . I would suggest getting insurance . You will pay very minimal It’s very worth having when you have little girls .
Generally if they are egg bound, don't they become sluggish? I don't remember off the top of my head and also have never experienced a reptile that became eggbound.

Generally if they are egg bound, don't they become sluggish? I don't remember off the top of my head and also have never experienced a reptile that became eggbound.
Yes or if it’s do to eggs not being calcified, infection , etc then sometimes there’s not a tell tail till to late . Egg bound usually there’s pretty specifics . @jannb can really help with signs .

Yes or if it’s do to eggs not being calcified, infection , etc then sometimes there’s not a tell tail till to late . Egg bound usually there’s pretty specifics . @jannb can really help with signs .
He could try to palpate to feel the eggs and if they are formed.

No she’s very active and getting bigger hopefully she’s in the early stages and is still growing them inside her

Back
Top Bottom