HELP!! My Nosey Mitsio its been pooping like this for the last couple days! Any advise/opinions????

Karlos_JY

Hi there, im.worried cus lately my panther chamelepn has been pooping very diferent from my other chams, very soft and orangeish poop with mocus and a little bit smelly sometimes, this has been for the past 2 weeks but today he poop something diferent with some greenish thing and very liquid. i have attached a photo.

He is a 1 year old, Nosey Mitsio, he and my Ambilobe have been dewormed aprox 1 month ago. He lives in a 24×24x43 screen cage, eats crickets and mealworms, starting to intruduce roaches but he doesnt seem to be interested. 2 to 3 misting session a day. All my chams are out in my balcony so the sun hits them from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Suplements: calcium 3 to 4 time per week, calcium+D3 and multivitamins/ 2 times per month. And 1/2 drop of Retynol Palmitate 1 per month.

He is very active, doesnt seem to be ill or sick, he eats properly, hes color is looking great, eyes full and rounded.

One thing i have to point out is that he is very shy and stresses very easily even if i aproach to the cage he fires up. So im not sure if this is something that has to be with his poop issue.

I have attached a coupoe photos of him and his poop so.you can have a clearer idea.
20180410_140655.jpg

Please let me know your thoughs and advices !! Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• 20180410_140655.jpg
    20180410_140655.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 20180328_151804.jpg
    20180328_151804.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 20180317_131424.jpg
    20180317_131424.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 81
Well first of all, what a beautiful chameleon!! Sorry to hear about your troubles. At the surface level, he looks pretty healthy. One comment about what you feed him, though: you ought to stop feeding mealworms. They have almost no nutritional value whatsoever and they are known to cause impaction in chameleons. Best stick to other worms like supers, horns, and silks.

I agree that that defecate looks pretty abnormal. I would get a fecal done on him, personally

Hi there, im.worried cus lately my panther chamelepn has been pooping very diferent from my other chams, very soft and orangeish poop with mocus and a little bit smelly sometimes, this has been for the past 2 weeks but today he poop something diferent with some greenish thing and very liquid. i have attached a photo.

He is a 1 year old, Nosey Mitsio, he and my Ambilobe have been dewormed aprox 1 month ago. He lives in a 24×24x43 screen cage, eats crickets and mealworms, starting to intruduce roaches but he doesnt seem to be interested. 2 to 3 misting session a day. All my chams are out in my balcony so the sun hits them from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Suplements: calcium 3 to 4 time per week, calcium+D3 and multivitamins/ 2 times per month. And 1/2 drop of Retynol Palmitate 1 per month.

He is very active, doesnt seem to be ill or sick, he eats properly, hes color is looking great, eyes full and rounded.

One thing i have to point out is that he is very shy and stresses very easily even if i aproach to the cage he fires up. So im not sure if this is something that has to be with his poop issue.

I have attached a coupoe photos of him and his poop so.you can have a clearer idea.
View attachment 203540

Please let me know your thoughs and advices !! Thanks a lot!
Symptoms point to a possible parasite problem especially smelly mucousy excrement. Get a fecal done or do one yourself if you have the equippment to do so. Also what a beautiful cham(y):p

hello! What dewormers last time and is this chameleon is wc or cb?
I dont know what dewormers where used to be honest but Vet did a poop test before giving this dewormer. I took him to vet today and he gave him the same dewormer and said he look totally fine. He asked me to bring him tomorrow and do another poo test. He is CB.

Well first of all, what a beautiful chameleon!! Sorry to hear about your troubles. At the surface level, he looks pretty healthy. One comment about what you feed him, though: you ought to stop feeding mealworms. They have almost no nutritional value whatsoever and they are known to cause impaction in chameleons. Best stick to other worms like supers, horns, and silks.

I agree that that defecate looks pretty abnormal. I would get a fecal done on him, personally

Sorry they are not mealworms i meant Superworms and crickets. I have 4 chams and none of them seem to be interested ithe dubias i got for them ! They are only craving Crikets and superworms its hard to get other feeders arpund here im in mexico. My Nosey be couple seems to love crikets though.

I dont know what dewormers where used to be honest but Vet did a poop test before giving this dewormer. I took him to vet today and he gave him the same dewormer and said he look totally fine. He asked me to bring him tomorrow and do another poo test. He is CB.

A fecal test is absolutely worthless when done soon after worming. Did he mean have a fecal done in two or three weeks, or tomorrow? If he meant have the fecal done before two or three weeks after giving worming meds, find another vet.

Look at your bill to find out what medications were given. If you don't have your bill, call the vet's office and ask what meds were given (both times) and what the fecal he did a month ago showed.

That stool is not right at all and is real cause for concern. The parasite that is causing that mucusy diarrhea is causing a lot of problems internally. You absolutely need to know what parasite it is and treat with the correct meds and dosage.

Back
Top Bottom