Help Me!

Thank you! I will shoot you a message if I do!
Actually, I have one right now. What soil would you recommend? ☺
This could be a looooong discussion XD.
•It depends on a lot of things like :
•Your misting schedule/ humidity
•Your temps
•If you are using glass or screen
•And ultimately the plants you will be using
Lately I’ve been using organic Promix (I’m in canada), and I’ve been covering it with some coconut fiber liner or mat. I cut it to fit. This way plants are happy and your cham wont eat the soil (wich they like to do sometimes).
Another option would be to use the biodude’s abg mix. It’s safe for your cham and will please your plants as it is full of air pockets and drains well :). I would buy it if I’d live in the US. The only thing with this is the fact that it does not contain fertilizer of any kind, so your plants will soon be lacking nitrogen and leaves will turn yellow...
If you fertilize, then you would have to take the plant out to the shower and let it drain well after you water it with fertilizer and take care to replace the top soil to make sure Pascal won’t eat it.

I am leaning towards a bioactive setup, yes. Still have to do A LOT of research. Any advice you have would be very helpful and super appreciated! I don't plan to get too crazy. I guess it all depends on how I feel about it later on down the road? Right now Pascal seems to be pretty happy with his current set up and I plan to keep this temporary one for a few months. Possibly till July? Unless I get the new exo terra sooner. I have a jar of money set for him and I have $144 in it already that goes towards his new set up. Will be taking out some for the new UVB light on Monday. I am more than eager to get everything all together before my next semester starts late August. Right now I'm just trying to do everything I can to get the extra money.
All of this is exactly me, 4 years ago with George XD. This is so exciting! Have fun!! :love:

2 to 3 crickets a day? I feed mine 5-10 (usually around 8) medium and large sized crickets every other day. just make sure you give the vitamin once a week!

This could be a looooong discussion XD.
•It depends on a lot of things like :
•Your misting schedule/ humidity
•Your temps
•If you are using glass or screen
•And ultimately the plants you will be using
Lately I’ve been using organic Promix (I’m in canada), and I’ve been covering it with some coconut fiber liner or mat. I cut it to fit. This way plants are happy and your cham wont eat the soil (wich they like to do sometimes).
Another option would be to use the biodude’s abg mix. It’s safe for your cham and will please your plants as it is full of air pockets and drains well :). I would buy it if I’d live in the US. The only thing with this is the fact that it does not contain fertilizer of any kind, so your plants will soon be lacking nitrogen and leaves will turn yellow...
If you fertilize, then you would have to take the plant out to the shower and let it drain well after you water it with fertilizer and take care to replace the top soil to make sure Pascal won’t eat it.

The plants will not be lacking nutrients, after your isopods begin to do their job. That's the reason for going Bioactive.

You can use worm casings in the meantime they are not harmful to the chameleon.

Or throw some worms in till the isopods get established.

Biodude, is not a good person. I would not recommend anything he sells. He joined the Bioactive Facebook group. Stole all the soil recipes, asked a bunch of questions and then made his site and left the group. He has made a company that profits off the ideas of others, and inflated pricing of Chinese products.

I would not support someone like that, but to each their own.

What kind of lights do you use and why? Out of curiosity?

Last edited:
The plants will not be lacking nutrients, after your isopods begin to do their job. That's the reason for going Bioactive.

You can use worm casings in the meantime they are not harmful to the chameleon.

Or throw some worms in till the isopods get established.

Biodude, is not a good person. I would not recommend anything he sells. He joined the Bioactive Facebook group. Stole all the soil recipes, asked a bunch of questions and then made his site and left the group. He has made a company that profits off the ideas of others, and inflated pricing of Chinese products.

I would not support someone like that, but to each their own.

What kind of lights do you use and why? Out of curiosity?
Oh, I just saw this.
I rely mostly on the sun for my plants.My chams room is facing south-west, so I get plenty of light.The places where I think need a bit more, I use led tubes or t5ho tubes.

Back
Top Bottom