Help me to help a friend

It wouldnt surprise me if she didnt have some sort of issue with that also. Seems like she has a little of everything going on bad here.

I think she has the gular edema - the " lump" on her shoulder, in the 2nd pic- looks like one of the fluid filled things Olive gets when gravid - they will also show up under her arm pits- and around her neck - but poor thing - she really needs to see a vet ( but you know that ) I dont think anyone will say she does, or does not have anything that can transfer to your other chams- only a vet who sees her can maybe tell you that - but you have her pretty far from the others, and I am sure you are washing your hands realllllllly good-
good job on getting her to eat, I would try a roach if you can get your hands on any, they digest pretty easily, I dont feed meal or super worms because of the impaction risk ( only because w/ my luck , my chams would get it - )
keep us posted

I am going to attempt to get my friend to get her to a vet ASAP. I know of one who has exp with chams. He helped me out a while back with an issue with my males eye.

And yes I am washing my hands really well when I have done anything by her cage. And nothing is getting mixed between the chams. Everyone has there own lights and things like that.

Make sure you look after your chameleons first each day and then look after her. Use different "equipment" (feeding container, mister, etc) for her too. As was said wash your hands well after looking too.

She doesn't look as bad as I thought she might.

My friend is picking her up tonight so he can get her into the vet. So she will of spent a total of about 24 hours in my apt. 23.5 of those hours she was quarenteened into my bathroom. So I am feeling a little better about my 2 healthy Chams.

I have not crossed any feeding cups, I have only touched her one time and that was to put her into the laying bin to show her where it was. I have not touched her since, when I force fed her, she was on a vine, so I didnt really touch her.

When I mist her cage I do it from way above so nothing from the mister ever touches any part of her cage, it doesnt even really come close.

So I am feeling a little better about her, and my healthy chams.

I will monitor my 2 chams very very closely for the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom