Help me name my baby Ambilobe!

What should I name him?

• Total voters
Quick update. Blue is going back to the breeder as we speak. He has been closing his eyes with his lights on too frequently for my liking as well as a small amount of red in his stool this morning. I'm beyond worried at this point and breeder has agreed to take him back. Am I overly worried or are these legit concerns for a 1.5gram baby?
View attachment 229611View attachment 229612
That poop is a sign of dehydration...if the breeder can get ur money back for another a healthy one otherwise try look somewhere to find a good one camo.

The baby eye should be always alert n open during the day time...was the breeder kept him by himself along or he has all of them together camo??
They were all together. Fully aware of the eyes which is why he's going back. I've been in constant contact with breeder and letting him know the situation as it developed

They were all together. Fully aware of the eyes which is why he's going back. I've been in constant contact with breeder and letting him know the situation as it developed
Then that tells me that baby is not used to be all along...what was the set up looklik? Did u take some pics while u there?
The reason Im asking is..the baby is used to that environment in the breeder's place..if I were u I will try mimicking the same set up then gradually move him to ur type as he grows...he has his eye closed cause he knows he has been relocated from all his sibling...back tgen when I had all my babies I start slowly seprate them from 6 to 3 to 1...and I had 246 in the different time...but the most i kept is around 5 to 6 in their own.

20160527_091511.jpg
20160501_174134-1.jpg
20160527_091511.jpg

5 or 6 then 4 or 2 then 1 as they grows

Then that tells me that baby is not used to be all along...what was the set up looklik? Did u take some pics while u there?
The reason Im asking is..the baby is used to that environment in the breeder's place..if I were u I will try mimicking the same set up then gradually move him to ur type as he grows...he has his eye closed cause he knows he has been relocated from all his sibling...back tgen when I had all my babies I start slowly seprate them from 6 to 3 to 1...and I had 246 in the different time...but the most i kept is around 5 to 6 in their own.
So do you think it's a sign of a health issue, or just separation anxiety from his siblings? I have one of the brothers, I've caught him with his eyes closed only twice since I got him yesterday afternoon. Once when we had him in his travel container, walking to th car. I wrote that off to being stressed out. I put a light blanket over him during the drive to hope to calm him down. The second time was may e an hour after putting him in his new enclosure. I peeked in there and saw it, but then he immediately opened his eyes and looked at me like he knew I was there. I am also really worried about my guy, but he has been eating well and is exploring the enclosure more today. I have not seen him drinking yet though.

Do you know if any other babies from the hatch also having problems?
I saw 2 of the babies with their eyes closed when I went to visit. He had them all hanging out in the natural sun on a fake tree together, and 2 were just sitting there with eyes closed. Mine and one other were actively climbing around and watching their surroundings. Big reason why I picked this one. I sat there just watching them for about 30 minutes to make sure they were all good.
I think he had 2 or 3 small enclosures that he kept the total of 6 babies split up amongst. So not all in one, but also not completely seperate either.

So do you think it's a sign of a health issue, or just separation anxiety from his siblings? I have one of the brothers, I've caught him with his eyes closed only twice since I got him yesterday afternoon. Once when we had him in his travel container, walking to th car. I wrote that off to being stressed out. I put a light blanket over him during the drive to hope to calm him down. The second time was may e an hour after putting him in his new enclosure. I peeked in there and saw it, but then he immediately opened his eyes and looked at me like he knew I was there. I am also really worried about my guy, but he has been eating well and is exploring the enclosure more today. I have not seen him drinking yet though.
Lets go discuss in this link cause camo post another thread
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/baby-panther-problems.168800/#post-1473392
I saw 2 of the babies with their eyes closed when I went to visit. He had them all hanging out in the natural sun on a fake tree together, and 2 were just sitting there with eyes closed. Mine and one other were actively climbing around and watching their surroundings. Big reason why I picked this one. I sat there just watching them for about 30 minutes to make sure they were all good.
I think he had 2 or 3 small enclosures that he kept the total of 6 babies split up amongst. So not all in one, but also not completely seperate either.
If the babies eyes were close in the breeder enclosures..then that tells me something is not right in the first place...babys eyes need to be all alert unless they are sleeping...it could be the temperature...the lights...the misting schedule etc etc...did u have a pic from the breeder set up??

I agree with @alphakenc there many reasons babies can have eyes closed . Lighting being a big one . They also will close under a high stress situation. Even sometime just drop them selfs off something . They also dehydrate much quicker then an adult chameleon. They have much thinner skin . Best of luck with the baby .

Unfortunately baby blue is back with his breeder. I did not want to take the risk with this much "red flags" with a small baby. I will be looking for a more developed healthy male on this forum. @Matt Vanilla Gorilla get on this!
I’m so so sorry for blue but I’m not at all sorry you are going with Matt’s babies you will be beyond happy :love: . Which will you be getting ?.

Back
Top Bottom