help me cup feed

franticurchin

well i want to cup feed but my cham has seen the crickets in the cup and just gos past them like he isn't interested but when i hold one up he snaches it right up. is there any way to get him to eat out of the cup? hes 4.5 months old and i would like to be able to ensure that he is getting enough calcium but when the mister gos off i think im washing the crickets. please help me out :D

I have a 6/7 week old baby Yemen. He is cup feeding from a plastic cup of about 5" deep. He has to dangle himself in though.

To get him doing this I put a cricket in the cup, tilted it on its side so he see's the cricket. You'll find the cricket will walk up the side of the cup to try and get out. Just tilt the cup and try to keep the cricket on the lip of the cup. It may fall out but try again. If it gets too close to the edge just tilt the cup back so he slides back down. Obviously do this infront of your cham so he can see whats going on and is in zapping distance.

I found mine just watched the cricket and eventually zapped it. After a few goes at this he then knows there is food in the cup and he just helps himself when he wants something to eat.

My fiancee said this morning that he was actually waiting for his cup of crickets this morning before i got out of bed!

He is a smart cham. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom