Baby panther cham has 0 interest in feeding cup

Tnest

So i've been trying to get my three month old panther chameleon to eat from the feeding cup but he takes no interest in it which is super frustrating because then i will try to give him some free roam food and then i never know if he actually eats, i haven't SEEN him eat in the past few days so i'm a bit worried. I started trying to not free roam the food at all because i really want him to use the feeding cup so i put like 8 crickets in there but i still never know if he eats because the crickets just end up jumping out especially when the misters go on, then i have to clean up the cricket bodies built up at the bottom of his enclosure. That's another reason why i don't want to add more than 8 because i'm positive they just jump out. I honestly don't know what to do because i know he just doesn't want me to watch him eat. I just never even see him go near the feeding cup and every time i put the cup into the enclosure i show him that there is food inside so i'm pretty positive he knows somethings in there. I've seen him eat a few times but the past days i haven't. I only have seen him drinking and he looks very hydrated.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 57
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 53
I've had him a week and a half. The feeder is green and I think around 3 inches deep
As you are quite a new member hi and welcome. Yeah crickets are jumpy little critters , try a feeder cup double that depth , you can put them in a sealed bag in the fridge for a rew minutes which will slow them down for a bit

How small is the baby? Are you feeding tiny feeders?

How was the breeder feeding him?

I typically suggest loading the feeder cup like that up. Put like 3 dozen there. Now if baby is not getting up on the branches above the cup to actually see the movement of the insects then this is part of the issue. I prefer feeder runs for babies rather than cups. Cups can take a bit for them to use.

How small is the baby? Are you feeding tiny feeders?

How was the breeder feeding him?

I typically suggest loading the feeder cup like that up. Put like 3 dozen there. Now if baby is not getting up on the branches above the cup to actually see the movement of the insects then this is part of the issue. I prefer feeder runs for babies rather than cups. Cups can take a bit for them to use.
Where can i get feeder runs? Do they go at the bottom of the enclosure?

Back
Top Bottom