Help is my chameleon a male

A cfl does not produce uv, but it is helpful to heat up the basking area, so good.
The lights you have are not the right kind for chameleons. You will need to upgrade your lighting.
Your supplement schedule seems good. I was going to recommend getting repashy calcium plus LoD if you hadnt gotten supplements yet. It is an all-in-one that you put on every feeder, very lightly.
And also im a bit scared for Her she’s been a bit dark lately

What are your basking temps at?

The current lighting is not useful. If you upgrade to the correct lighting it will hopefully last around a year and then the bulb will need to be replaced.

I like to cup feed, that way I know exactly how much mine is eating.
The shooting gallery feeder run is an excellent feeder run for cages like yours. You can also make your own feeder cup easily.

Also, from just looking it appears you have a female but theres no way any of us can guarantee without better images of the back feet, full body, and casque. I say female based on the casque size alone. If you cham is a male you will see spurs on the back feet. If your cham is a female you will need to set up a laybin because female chams lay eggs even when they’re not pregnant

Will it last me a while
I would switch bulbs immediately, but I saw you said you are in austin (me and cleo are as well!) so the weather is perfect right now to take him/her outside for a few hours a day to supplement missing uvb. Im in the same boat with my uvb situation so Im currently supplementing with 3-4 hours of sunbathing outside until this lockdown mess is over and I can get a better bulb

I would switch bulbs immediately, but I saw you said you are in austin (me and cleo are as well!) so the weather is perfect right now to take him/her outside for a few hours a day to supplement missing uvb. Im in the same boat with my uvb situation so Im currently supplementing with 3-4 hours of sunbathing outside until this lockdown mess is over and I can get a better bulb
I just got my chameleon 2 days ago I’m not sure if I should handle it

Also my chameleon has been getting dark green polka dots and pattern around him I’m not sure if I should handle him every time I try getting it it faces away from me
ECCB58FF-E565-419E-8996-BFD6DAB82580.jpeg

my chams been getting weird colors lettely

These shaded photos are not helping. Leave him/her alone for a while. You are making it hard to help you. Slow down, stop posting bits and pieces, review the veiled chameleon husbandry care information and compare it to what you are doing now. When people ask you what sort of lighting you have you need to be specific....as in BRAND.

Back
Top Bottom