Help is my chameleon a male

So, the spiral uv lights are not adequate for your chameleon. You will need a long tubular t5ho light fixture. It will need to span the entire width of the cage. If you do not have this your cham, male or female, will not be healthy.

I cannot control what other people think. They had valid reasons for saying male, I have valid reasons for saying female.
No one really knows if it is male or female because you cant get a good picture of it.

A cfl is a compact florescent househild light bulb. This is to keep up the heat in the basking area. It has nothing to do with the uv.

A compact coil bulb that is for uv is not adequate to keep a chameleon healthy. Google t5ho.

What kind of supplements did you end up getting? Can you tell me the brand?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-25-09-38-54.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-25-09-38-54.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 60
It is okay. I understand being excited. I just need very specific information in order to help. Otherwise Im just guessing and that doesnt help anything.

A cfl is a compact florescent househild light bulb. This is to keep up the heat in the basking area. It has nothing to do with the uv.

A compact coil bulb that is for uv is not adequate to keep a chameleon healthy. Google t5ho.

What kind of supplements did you end up getting? Can you tell me the brand?
I use reptivite every other week I use calcium powder with d3 every other week and and I use calcium without d3 everyday I use the double dome light fixture with zoomed daylight 60 heating lamp and zoomed spiral uvb bulb and I also I have a cfl bulb for extra uvb so I have 2 uvb bulbs and 1 basking heat bulb

A cfl does not produce uv, but it is helpful to heat up the basking area, so good.
The lights you have are not the right kind for chameleons. You will need to upgrade your lighting.
Your supplement schedule seems good. I was going to recommend getting repashy calcium plus LoD if you hadnt gotten supplements yet. It is an all-in-one that you put on every feeder, very lightly.

A cfl does not produce uv, but it is helpful to heat up the basking area, so good.
The lights you have are not the right kind for chameleons. You will need to upgrade your lighting.
Your supplement schedule seems good. I was going to recommend getting repashy calcium plus LoD if you hadnt gotten supplements yet. It is an all-in-one that you put on every feeder, very lightly.
My chameleon has been a bit dark lately he hasn’t turned lime green in a while I’m a bit scared to him he is much darker than usual

Will it last me a while

Back
Top Bottom