1 1 1 4 2 1 2 1 3 3 1 1
1 2 1 4 2 1 2 1 3 3 1 1
1 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 2 2 1 1
1 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 2 2 1 1
1 2 1 2 1 1 2 1 2 2 1 1
1 2 1 2 1 1 2 1 2 2 1 1
1 2 1 2 1 1 2 1 2 2 1 1
1 2 1 2 1 1 2 1 2 2 1 1

Alright there you go. I think this is a great exercise. I don't think it will say much about plant munching. But it is a great start. Working with data can get complicated, this could lead you to more specific questions that you need or eliminate ones you don't. This kind of analysis that interests me. If we could keep a database filled with this type of information, but even more granular we would start to see patterns emerge. It is hard to say what they would show but would be interesting.
Wow....thanks, you just destroyed the equal outcome with your input 😅

It good to arise more questions, that gives use more answer and more answers is more data / parameters to base a conclusion on. Already noticing that we also can role out one or questions, because almost everyone answering the same on that one. At the end i will the spreadsheet with the raw data, it´s no secret and is just for the benefit of us all.

Okay, this is what we got so far.....keep up feeding me with numbers 🤗

However I´m surprised about the huge amount of daytime misters and foggers. All the daytime misters got plant eaters, 3/4 don´t use the CA method (3 times night misting and half the night fogger, dry out during the day). For those having non plant eaters, 3/4 uses the CA method and 1/4 does daytime misting. Too soon yet, however it´s getting interesting, therefore more data please!!!

Screenshot 2021-04-02 081230.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think you should separate the panther chameleons from the veileds in the study?
Eventually we should, however for the gathering and input of the data, this is perfect. We can just use the filter function in spreadsheet and you can compare everything. Personally I think this thread needs to go to basic thread and some members should have access to the original file, therewith we can built up a database. As you can already see, it´s getting interesting. At first I was disappointed and thought I have noticed an isolated incident, due to huge amount of plant eaters. Then when I noticed the large amount of daytime misters I started to filter within a few parameters and now I´m not that disappointed any more, it´s getting really, really interesting. Now we just need more reference.....

Good question. I can see doing it either way; once for comparison to individuals of same species, and then (or also) comparison between species.

I forget... :unsure: Was there a reason for leaving Jacksons out of this?
Good point(y)

Regarding the Jacksons, nope. I´ve just checked the species section here and that´s how I made the selection.

Last edited:
Dear All,

The question has raised many times, about our chameleons eating plants during caption. While they nearly don´t eat them in the wild. With this experiment we´ll try to collect some data and put it in a nice data sheet, to see if we can find a correlational between several parameters about plant eating in caption. Because not every chameleon seems to be eating their plants in the enclosure and as myself, I also noticed a change in behaviour between being a voracious plant eater to not touching any vegetation any more.

If everyone would be so kind to follow the sheet with 12 questions and line-up your answer by just following up the numbers of questions and give this answer in a number sequel i.e. 122422213213

I`ll collect all the data and put in a Excel sheet and lets see what it will bring us. And please be honest with question 9, this is what I think one really imported one!

@Brad please help if you got a better idea how to get data.

Already thanks in advanced 👏

View attachment 297358
111(4 if you can do it) 211(2 just mist before the lights turn off ) 3 (2 you just want to make sure there are hiding spots) (2 I say no because they can eat the soil but it’s up to you) (2 I like panther chameleons more but it’s up too you).

111(4 if you can do it) 211(2 just mist before the lights turn off ) 3 (2 you just want to make sure there are hiding spots) (2 I say no because they can eat the soil but it’s up to you) (2 I like panther chameleons more but it’s up too you).
Is this your experience, or your recommendation?

I´m not getting the point of this. It´s not a wish list, is just simple yes or no (with some extra options) of your actual situation. I you can´t comply with it, then don´t 👏

I´m not getting the point of this. It´s not a wish list, is just simple yes or no (with some extra options) of your actual situation. I you can´t comply with it, then don´t 👏
Now I just fill like I’m getting dragged. You said that you wanted feed back and that’s what I gave you.

Back
Top Bottom