HELP!!! i think my cham is dying --please help asap!!!!

superstiney

I came home today and he was on the ground again- i picked him up and he had no grip- i held him and he just closed his eyes- i misted him and held him close o the heat lamp. he wont eat... and he wont eat crickets anymore so i am worried he may have a lack of calcium if that has anything to do with it... i need help NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's very little we can do, aside from advising you to get him to the vet as soon as possible.
If MBD is the problem the vet can administer calcium.

-Brad

Yes.
He has a loss of strength and you are already suspecting a lack of calcium.
He NEEDS to go to the vet.
What lighting do you have for him?
What supplements?
What do you feed him? Is it gut loaded?
How do you provide water?

-Brad

i have 4 40-60wt reptile bulbs...
we recently moved and he was fine up until then... and the past few days he just i lethargic. he has not eaten in i think 3 day and only eats worms now he does not even bother with crickets... he is sprayed 2-4 times daily and normally drinks daily the past 2 days he just gets misted and does not drink

oh no!:eek:
so you dont have a retisun 5.0 10.0, reptiglo 5.0 10.0, or mercury vapor bulb?
he has Meatbolic Bone Disease then!
get him to a vet ASAP. this is a deadly thing.
It is so improtant to do yor homework when buying an animal
they need UVB to careate healthy bones.
:mad:

Yes.

It is not uncommon to have a chameleon survey the ground a couple times a day but to stay down there is abnormal.

Lack of grip, staying on the ground, sleeping during the day are all very serious signs that something is very wrong. All the memebers on here can do is speculate as to what is wrong with your chameleon. He will need to be diagnosised by a vet who can see him in person, preform test and most likely prescribe some sort of medication for his recovery.

I do however think if you are serious about his recovery that it would be a good idea to post what his care has been so far. Along with a diagnosis it will be easy to get some ideas as to what needs to be changed in his care. If nothing is changed, even with a vet visit the likelyhood of him going right back to his current state is very high.

thanks for the help guys!
i found an emergency vet and taking him right now! ill post an update

thanks again!!!

well i just get back from the vet- they are keeping him over night putting him on a dripp and giving him calcium along with doing blood work
he seems to be dehydrated and the vet believe he could have been sick from birth. so i am just waiting around now for the call and update... they said its 50-50 b/c chameleons are so fragile...

what i can remember i have All Living Things bulb
and zoomed

i am not sure if they have the uva or uvb ill look into that

ZOOMED-
Put your reptile in the spotlight with this unique, patented double reflector that focuses 35% more heat and light into a tight beam for better basking. Provides the UVA rays that are beneficial to the psychological well-being of all reptiles. Lasts approximately 2,000 hours with average use.

All Living Things® Basking Bulb
Be the first to write a review!(login required)
Product Description: Item: 2752666
This UVA incandescent reptile lighting provides radiant heat (infrared light) that reptiles need.
More details

yea their is no UVB in that.
you need to go out and by a Reptisun 5.0. it is a tube flouresent light.
you will also need the hood to plug it in.
if you cant fine the reptisun 5.0 you can pickup a reptiglo 5.0
these are not nearly as good, but will offer UVB untill you can get a reptisun.

Back
Top Bottom