Help!!!Hornworm pupae just turned into moths.

freddyf385

Avid Member
Just, yesterday night my hornworm pupea just evolved into moths i have not seen them drink the sugar water i made for them they seem to be chillin on the side kinds to the bottom of the screen cage. Can anyone help me out on what i should do at this point, should i try and force feed them or just let them be. Also is there a certain temprature i have to keep them i have a 65 watt bulb on top put not to directed straight down kinda outwardly to at least have a cool spot. Can anyone give me some info this is my first time breeding hornworms.thanks

I followed piglett79's blog for bug breeding, it's great! Are you using a hummingbird feeder? The moths need to be able to hover to feed. Also, you need to be careful when making your own sugar/water solution for them, it's best to use hummingbird food.

I also just had my first run just a month ago with these guys, it's so cool:) Hummingbird feeders were hard to find this time of year, I checked all the stores, and ended up finding one at a specialty bird house store.

Yea i followed piglett79 breeding process. I have the hummingbird feeder and evrything. Ive just been wondering when they will eat some of it. I dont want them to die any time soon i still have some pupea that have not turned into moths yet and i want a couple moths to lay eggs for me.

There is a really good youtube video of a guy force feeding the moth, I think he used a Q tip to bring the moths mouth out and put it into the sugar water and it would drink.

Back
Top Bottom