Help! First time with pregnant female veiled!

DJBMURDER

so Im POSITIVE my female is prego but hasn't been fertilized..she has the bulge...do i put my male in there tomorrow to fertilize her? what do i need for her to lay eggs..trying to post a pic but its sooo dark and my camera phone doesnt have flash!

Do not put a male in with her she will reject him and it will just stress her out. Females can lay infertile eggs, all you need to do is put a laying bin in with her and keep her well fed, hydrated and make sure she gets lots of calcium. Also a little tip. i would lower her temps just a tad so she doesnt make so many eggs. lift her light off the cage afew inches

If she already has eggs, putting a male in with her wont fertilize them! She will just have to lay the infertile eggs and you will have to wait til she is recptive to mate her with a male. The only thing that will be accomplished if you put her with a male now is piss her off. Do you have a egg laying bin in with her now? If not you should. A good sign when she is ready to lay is when she stops eating. But if you think she is prego, please put in a laying bin with some sand for her to lay them in. Is she showing prego colors? She will get black with yellow and turquoise especially if you show a male to her!

no colors yet, heck of an appetite, ate 6-8 dust crickets today, i always keep her well hydrated, will drop temps, but no colors yet...but the bulge is there...and i know that bulge...for sure...so what kind of material do i need for a laying bin?

my only problem is the breeder i bought her from said she was in the cage with a male so what if she was fertilized? I need some help! Especially specifics on the dimensions and what type of sand/substrate to put in for the eggs..ill call the guy i got her from tomorrow to ask if he thinks the male fertilized her...her name is katniss by the way :)

like play ground sand? and do i put it in now even though she seems to have an appetite and is displaying no colors just the "bulge" ?

I just use playsand you can get from home depot or lowes. Make the soil damp so it wont cave in on her. I use 5 gallon buckets for my laying bin.

you can put the bucket in her cage, or you can use a garbage can with 12 inches of sand and put a light on it and put her in it when you think she is ready to lay. The eggs could be fertile when did u get her and how old is she

You can try to keep the eggs to see if they just die or if they end up being fertile, do some research on here for threads talking about how to incubate eggs. I believe a lot of people use vermiculite inside a rubbermaid clear plastic bin with a few small holes. There is a certain temperature and humidity they need to stay at though. I have never bred so do some surfing. You should have a lay bin in with her all the time anyway just in case.

that helped a lot! Thanks! So should I prepare the laying bin tomorrow even though she still has an appetite and is displaying no colors? She has the bulge! DANG IT! wish i had flash on my camera to show ya'll a picture! Plus I have a life hibiscus plant in there, what do I do if she tries laying the eggs in there? There's about a 25% chance they could be fertile since she was with a male before I bought her....any way of telling ? ? ?

ok, i have a rough idea about the incubation process...just hope they are fertile! so excited! :D and she is about 14 months old, and has laid one clutch before that were infertile...I got her about 2 weeks ago

BUMP! so the eggs are DEFINITELY FERTILE! I JUST talked to the guy I got her from, and he said that she will probably lay a rather large clutch this time...Does anyone have any kind of ballpark estimate without looking at as to when she will begin the egg laying process? She is huge, not changing colors, has an appetite still, and is not roaming the cage...but the bulge near the rear legs is there and the prego tummy is there. I leave on a mission trip June 22nd and I wanna experience this process and don't want to leave it up to my mom (who I know thru God can do it) but I need some help..I get back on the 27th...She is like I said, same colors, just had a shed, has an appetite, and is still active what not...I'll put a egg laying bin in there tomorrow and post pics of her when the lighting is better, but does ANYONE know when these eggs will be popped out so I can prepare my mom and give her the info on how to incubate them in the event that they do get laid while im gone?

So i got her approximately a week or two ago, and the guy I got her from said that they mated recently so it could be any day? I mean she is huge, she just still like i said has the appetite and the colors haven't changed and she is still roaming around the cage like a wild woman. lol. I just hope it happens before the 22nd

So i got her approximately a week or two ago, and the guy I got her from said that they mated recently so it could be any day? I mean she is huge, she just still like i said has the appetite and the colors haven't changed and she is still roaming around the cage like a wild woman. lol. I just hope it happens before the 22nd

You should put a lay bin with her asap and if you need, to put a sheet over the sides of her cage so she has privacy. If the eggs are fertile when you have them in the incubator, they will stay healthy looking. If not, you will definitely be able to tell. They will start to mold and shrivel up.

If you have only had her for a week or two, and she was with a male prior to that, she could lay eggs any day now. If she starts to show ANY signs of going down hill it is important that you take her to the vets immediately. You should not bother her too much until she had laid as stressing her out could cause her to become eggbound.

Back
Top Bottom