!Help! Do chams deposit sperm?

Matt1851

Today i noticed charlie trying to poop but i just saw a thin small whitish color thing hanging out that didnt look like poop, as i am watching him i noticed his hemipenal bulge was (not sure of the correct term i should use) but it was moving and then he squeezed the rest of whatever it is out. I really am not sure what it is and i noticed last light he was sorta sluggish and after the lights turned on today he didnt go straight to the basking spot (after i put him there he was full of energy. here are some pics of what he pooped out, Im aware they get sperm plugs but this is no plug :\

Attachments

• 100_3519.jpg
    100_3519.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_3517.jpg
    100_3517.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 178
I short, yes they do! Tommy usually wipes his on a branch after he's pooped! I think it only becomes a 'plug' when it builds up and cannot be expelled. Do a search - those things can get quite large and uncomfortable for the cham. Tommy has got a little bit poking out of his vent today too - it looks kinda like dried cheese to me, lol!:D (Sorry if anyone's eating their lunch while reading this!) My friend thought it was a piece of apple peel, bless her - gave me a good laugh though - she nearly threw up when I told her what it actually was, lol!:D

ahh kk, im only worried because i didnt think he could be old enough (almost 5 months) to start doing this.

ok now im vereeeerry concerned, iv never come across this before and im not sure if i should be worried or not but his hemipenis came completly out like really far and it was red, he stuck it out for about 15 seconds then it went back in very slowly, should i take him to a vet?

He's fine. He's growing up. That's not blood. It gets darker the longer it stays inside. The older he gets, the bigger his little deposits are going to get. :eek::rolleyes:

Just search the forum for prolapses...
I'm sure that's not what is happening to him but that may give you a better understanding of what to do if this happens.

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere on the forums that sometimes it pushes out and then goes back in and it's fine.
I'm no expert though!

poor guy is just craving some lovin!!!! remember when you where 13? haha!

Heavens how can you remember 13? I am now 106, some days I age 20 years so I get old fast Only a week ago I was 40, and the week before I was 50???? Maybe I am confused but at 106 what do you expect??:D:D:D

I think when any male animal reaches adolescence (which, I think it sort of 7/8 months for veileds...probably older for bigger chameleons ) some sort of sperm action can be expected. It's not icky, it's normal.

Back
Top Bottom