HELP! been mislead about my chamleons gender

Skradmore

Hey everyone, this is my first post. i bought my cham bout 2 months ago and was told by the breeder that it was a female. but recently looked at some pictures of the torsal spurs that they "aren't" supposed to have and it would seem like mine has them on the rear legs. here is a couple pictures. someone help me! :D

Snapshot_20120831_4.jpg

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m527/PlushGarden/Snapshot_20120831_3.jpg

mine is the same way and its a female, im no expert but by your pick and your chams head it looks female to me, someone with more knoledge will confirm this though...

mine is the same way and its a female, im no expert but by your pick and your chams head it looks female to me, someone with more knoledge will confirm this though...

I also think her head makes her look female but then i saw pictures of a female without spurs and was totally thrown off.. shes too young to lay eggs so its pretty much just her head and feet that can help distinguish her gender. though i did see a video on youtube of a male veiled the same age and his casque on his head hadnt grown to the point i've seen other older males grow to. but if your saying your female has the same little spurs then she probably is female. thanks for your reply! still would like a confirmation on this though if anyone thinks they know.. the link to the second picture shows her back foot better

That's a male. Colours, patterns and the telltale tarsal spur all indicate so.

Yay for Ottawa keepers!

interesting! I've gotten split feedback here haha.. if you can tell by patterns and colours then maybe she is a he! haha... poor leela.. gonna have to rework "its" name

lol That's 100% a male man and he pretty huge congrats on such a beutifull male if you want a female let me know i got some for sell, please do be advise that this is not a general discussion subject, there for you should only wait for senior menber advise on topic like this, male have spurs and females dont plane and simple. & if am wrong i just breed a male & male together :eek: lol

haha thanks a lot man! im actually happy if it is a male so i dont have to worry about eggs, its my first cham and "he's" only 4 or 5 months old, the casque still looks female to me though but it could just be growing still..

He is 100% a male. Those yellow stripes peaking through should confirm it for you. His casque still has a lot more growing to do since he is only a few month old.

Thanks everyone! I'm very pleasantly suprised my little buddy wont be laying eggs!! i heard that takes a lot out of them and i was always worried about it. not anymore! thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom