HELP - 48 days since mating!

StickyPad

Okay this is basically a follow on from my previous thread (Help---she won't dig!) but it got a bit deserted on there. She has a tummy full of eggs and gas had an X-ray at the vets. She's very fat!!! She just drank a load of water with liquid calcium in but wouldn't eat...she's going in her laying bin in a min. Is there any signs I should look for to tell if she has laid? Thanks :)

An easy way that I can usually tell if my females have laid is that they are dirty from the laying bins dirt :)

I wouldn't panic. You got a lot of great advice pon your other thread. You've been told to leave her in privacy for a few days but you won't do it! I stead you show her a male to see what she does??? A bit redic IMO.

Leave your girl alone. Cover tank, offer water in the morning and leave a dripper going all day. You can offer food if you want but try to peep in on her first in case she's busy. No checking at any other times or you will disturb her and she may become egg bound.

Each girl is different and gestation can last up to and over 60 days. It's not a set amount of days since mating, each time will be different. One thing for sure, your girl will not lay if you don't give her peace to do so!!!

That's my last two cents on this matter. I really don't mean to sound harsh but you don't seem to be listening or following the great afvice you've been getting from some great members.

Thanks

But actually I was told to sort out the laying bin today, check my other forum.
But thank you for the concern...
Back to my other question: will there be any body changes after she lays eg colouration, weight, saggy skin,ect?

I didn't read your other thread but I wouldn't worry about the time. Do you have a plant growing in the lay bin? I have found that has always helped my females feel comfortable with the bin.

Thanks

But actually I was told to sort out the laying bin today, check my other forum.
But thank you for the concern...
Back to my other question: will there be any body changes after she lays eg colouration, weight, saggy skin,ect?

Yes saggy belly, usually very very noticable. My girl had very bright colours when she was gravid (infertile) and they stayed with her for about 2 weeks after. Females gravid with fertile eggs can change to dark body with luminous patterns but not always. As far as I knoe they will keep the gravid colours for a little while aftre laying. Your girl should be very hungry and thirsty after laying and my girl was very friendly for the first few days (she's usually a grouch)

Okay. But in her laying bin, there is just a sandy floor now...do you not hunk I should put A stick in for her to climb on?

Okay. But in her laying bin, there is just a sandy floor now...do you not hunk I should put A stick in for her to climb on?

There should be a way for her to get in. I have a big twisted piece of root planted in the corner of my girls bin. Remember the sand should be moist enough to hold a long deep tunnel so should be sturdy enough to hold a branch up too :)

I just planted a yucca in her tank and she instantly started climbing on it! It's been almost 7 weeks now...should I ask her vet over the phone if she hasn't laid by next Friday?

Leave her alone. You have been given much advice on your other thread. You need to leave her alone in her cage with a laying bin or she will become egg bound and die. You need to let her have privacy. Do not mess with her at all. Have a dripper set up for her and give her some crickets but LEAVE HER ALONE. I'm not trying to be harsh but you are ignoring the advise given to you by experienced breeders. Leave her alone

My girl laid after over 70 days, so don't worry. If she is active, is drinking and eating (she can stop eating before laying though) there is nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom