Hello from Magnus and I

CTL7

I had intended to eventually get a bearded dragon some time this year. Good beginners lizard, fairly social, and all that. Well, I was in petsmart looking at fish for my 60 gal tank, and made the mistake of putting my finger up to the glass where they were keeping a "juvenile veiled chameleon". It behaved as though it wanted to come to me, and I was in love. I went back a few days later after doing some research and noted it was a male, and he was still there so I got him. My best friend suggested I call him Magnus, (from a show we watch). However, since I got him home, he hasn't wanted much to do with me! On the bright side, he hasn't hissed at me since the night I brought him home, but if anyone else looks at him too close he puffs up and hisses at them lol! This is one of the sites I found when trying to find out what all I would need for him, so, here we are to say Hello, great site, and I know I will learn a lot more if I stick around.
17440429_996592380441645_1035838616_m.jpg

My dad is good at wood work so he and I built Magnus habitat. We decided to go ahead and make it 4ft tall by 2ft square, as that seemed to be the recommended specks for a male veiled habitat

welcome to the fourms !
you have a wonderful looking chameleon!
this site is filled with knowledge so dont be afraid to ask any questions!
males tend to be more territorial. so him being angry is normal.
let him settle in avoid handling for a week or to ! he will get used to you

Lol he tricked you into taking him home! No but seriously you'll love him and probably many more to come as iv never heard of someone only wanting 1 chameleon for the rest of there life once they get one. But make sure you do your research and care for him properly. Chameleon's can get very expensive so be warned! Also just let him settle in for a couple weeks of trying not to mess with him unless necessary for things such as feeding and normal husbandry. Congratulations and welcome to the forums! And like inky said never be afraid to ask questions if you can't find a clear answer in the forums search bar.

I've actually had him a little over a week. I moved him into his new large, and hopefully permanent habitat yesterday. He seems to love it. So far he's picked a spot to hang out (under his basking lamp and as close to the top as he can get) and I just watched him climb down and drop his poo exactly where the last dropping is, wipe his vent on the branch and take off lol. I had no idea...

I've actually had him a little over a week. I moved him into his new large, and hopefully permanent habitat yesterday. He seems to love it. So far he's picked a spot to hang out (under his basking lamp and as close to the top as he can get) and I just watched him climb down and drop his poo exactly where the last dropping is, wipe his vent on the branch and take off lol. I had no idea...
yup thats good that means he is adjusting lol he found his bathroom. but what didn't you have an idea about?

I had no idea they were so particular with their droppings. I was more expecting him to just go whenever and wherever he pleased lol.

I had no idea they were so particular with their droppings. I was more expecting him to just go whenever and wherever he pleased lol.
oh lol yeah most like to designate a spot but there are some still that just go wherever.

Back
Top Bottom