Hello Everyone

HecticZ

Hello Everyone!

My name is Hector and this will be my first Chameleon. I am picking up a baby male Veiled chameleon from a local guy. I will have pics as soon as I have him in my house.

I just have a few questions, but this forum has been a great help! I already picked up a couple of things. But I just need to know if I am missing anything. your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

So far I have

Reptiglo 5.0 24" fixture
100 watt Basking dome light
Flukers little driper
Flukers vitamin : calcium and calcium w/d3
Fake Plants replacing with live as soon as I find a nice Photos
Fake Vines medium Exoterra
20 oz bottle to spray mist
Hydrometer
Hygrometer
Cricket Keeper
Gut Load Cricket Drink with Calcium

Ordered from LLL Reptiles today

is one of their Screen enclosures 24x24x48
and a Ficus tree

Missing Items that I am aware of

Something to clean the enclosure can't decide which one yet.

anything else I am missing.

Once again Thanks for the help and Info!

Pics coming soon.

Here are few extra things you might need along with some things you might not need.

Reptiglo 5.0 24" fixture
100 watt Basking dome light Save money and just use incandescent bulbs
Flukers little driper
Hydrometer more of a luxury if you ask me
Hygrometerassume you meant thermometer?
Cricket Keeper Cricket death trap. Consider a storage bin with fabricated screen sides. Better ventilation.
Gut Load Cricket Drink with Calcium food scraps works wonders as well.

Be creative. You will be fine

Here are few extra things you might need along with some things you might not need.

Reptiglo 5.0 24" fixture
100 watt Basking dome light Save money and just use incandescent bulbs
Flukers little driper
Hydrometer more of a luxury if you ask me
Hygrometerassume you meant thermometer?
Cricket Keeper Cricket death trap. Consider a storage bin with fabricated screen sides. Better ventilation.
Gut Load Cricket Drink with Calcium food scraps works wonders as well.

Be creative. You will be fine

Ok thanks

I already have the basking light, so I already spent money.

Yep sorry I meant Thermometer and so I can read humidity, not too worried have a couple of fish tanks in the same room.

I was thinking of using the Cricket keeper for the crickets I was going to Gut Load a couple of days before feeding. I am thinking of using a Rubbermaid container for the crickets and drilling some holes on the top and sides. Might be ordering crickets by the masses, don't feel like making weekly trips to the pet store.

I was thinking of using the Cricket keeper for the crickets I was going to Gut Load a couple of days before feeding. I am thinking of using a Rubbermaid container for the crickets and drilling some holes on the top and sides. Might be ordering crickets by the masses, don't feel like making weekly trips to the pet store.

The cricket keepers aren't for crickets IMO. They have little ventilation and the crickets WILL get out.

Search gutload on the forum. Remember, NEVER use Tomato, Broccoli or spinach (Calcium oxelate=Poison) . Lettuce is also bad (No nutrients)

-Steven

OK Pics.

The new Baby
4178888481_39e4df6f86_b.jpg

His Momma
4179648866_02f4f6d228_b.jpg

His Pops
4179646874_6b2d7d67a8_b.jpg

He's cute but small for a 48 inch cage. Be sure that he can get his food. Are you cup feeding?

He's cute but small for a 48 inch cage. Be sure that he can get his food. Are you cup feeding?

Yes

If I start seeing a problem I can always move him back to his old enclosure. And just move him there after he is done eating like his Recess time. lol

Back
Top Bottom