MUSHROOMS GROWING IN BIOACTIVE

jack_wardayyyy

Established Member
Hi all,

I hope everyone is well!

I have not been on here for a while but I am back and in dire need of help!

I’ve had a bioactive enclosure for a fair few months now and saw a while ago mushrooms is a sign of a healthy substrate.

Well today I came home to find these two mushrooms sprouting. However, I came to check if this is safe or if they need removing? I have a panther so he has no interest in these and the only time he is down there is when he falls but it’s a rarity!

I can provide more images of the enclosure or mushrooms if required, any help is greatly appreciated!

Substrate is Earth pro A, horticultural charcoal, bark and sphagnum moss

Attachments

• IMG_6956.jpeg
    IMG_6956.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 45
I've had a couple in mine but never last long , you could take it out along with some substrate and see if it could be identified. ( like the last thing you want is a load of isopods tripping keeping your cham awake 🤣) anyway when you mentioned you guy falling has this happened much? I'm sure you've had your husbandry checked as you been here some time , where has he fallen from, like off the screen ,or branches

It hasnt mushroomed yet.

If its a "little brown mushroom" get rid of it. Since it could be anything from yum yum to dumb dumb.

Else post some pics and tag me once they open.
Thank you I will do!
I've had a couple in mine but never last long , you could take it out along with some substrate and see if it could be identified. ( like the last thing you want is a load of isopods tripping keeping your cham awake 🤣) anyway when you mentioned you guy falling has this happened much? I'm sure you've had your husbandry checked as you been here some time , where has he fallen from, like off the screen ,or branches
Hahahahahaha if they’re tripping balls I’ll probs have some too 🤣 he’s fallen a fair few times in the time I’ve owned him but it’s when he’s trying to climb the mesh he’s a mong he has all these branches and sometimes he just decided he’ll claim the mesh he gets high and then falls 🤣

Thank you I will do!

Hahahahahaha if they’re tripping balls I’ll probs have some too 🤣 he’s fallen a fair few times in the time I’ve owned him but it’s when he’s trying to climb the mesh he’s a mong he has all these branches and sometimes he just decided he’ll claim the mesh he gets high and then falls 🤣
What age is he , they usually knock in on the head as they get older. Is everything OK in his viv

It hasnt mushroomed yet.

If its a "little brown mushroom" get rid of it. Since it could be anything from yum yum to dumb dumb.

Else post some pics and tag me once they open.
Hi these are them this morning
What age is he , they usually knock in on the head as they get older. Is everything OK in his viv
he’s about 1.5 years old he has simmered climbing it as much lately. Everything seems great in bud viv I added short misting sessions 5-10 seconds to his day about 4 times between the big misting session just after the lights on and just before the lights off as we had very high temperatures this summer but I’ve left them in which could be leading to the mushrooms coming through - I was debating removing them this morning but the plants are doing a lot better since I added these

Attachments

• IMG_6974.jpeg
    IMG_6974.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6973.jpeg
    IMG_6973.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6972.jpeg
    IMG_6972.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 37
How long is your enclosure bioactive? How well is your clean crew established? Once they're established, they'll eat the mushrooms in a earlier stage and you won't see them anymore.

Hi these are them this morning

he’s about 1.5 years old he has simmered climbing it as much lately. Everything seems great in bud viv I added short misting sessions 5-10 seconds to his day about 4 times between the big misting session just after the lights on and just before the lights off as we had very high temperatures this summer but I’ve left them in which could be leading to the mushrooms coming through - I was debating removing them this morning but the plants are doing a lot better since I added these

Looks like a standard issue inkcap that grows in most peoples compost. Its safe. Might even be a hairs foot inkcap that is super common and safe.

Back
Top Bottom