Hedgehog Babies

Versagirl

Sooooo, Amy had a litter of 5 babies sometime last night, sadly 1 did not make it so far...I realized she was preggy about 2 nights ago had no idea she would pop them out already
DSC_2512.jpg

DSC_2514.jpg

DSC_2516.jpg

DSC_2511.jpg

lol the babies are soo cute, I love those little spikes. It looks like you got a newborn mouse and sticked toothpicks all over them :)

thanks, I hope they all make it. I've read up that hedgies are hard to breed because if the mom freaks/stresses out she will kill and eat the babies. I'll keep ya'll updated.

Congrats on the babies :) they are adorable. Me and my girlfriend are going to Dallas so she can pick up a new hedge hog named Rodney. The babies look funny IMO

thanks, I hope they all make it. I've read up that hedgies are hard to breed because if the mom freaks/stresses out she will kill and eat the babies. I'll keep ya'll updated.
This is very true. It is generally advised to leave mom and babies totally alone for about 3 weeks. If you touch the babies, she may reject them as well. Generally it is said to provide plenty of food and water so you don't have to disturb the female if it's not needed. Good luck with mom and babies! :)

ETA: I just noticed you live in CA. I would be careful of how many places you post about this, and whome you advertise the fact you you have hedgies to. They are not legal anywhere in the state of CA. Here is a link stating all the states they are illegal to own. http://hedgehogcentral.com/illegal.shtml

What wonderful little beasties they are, I laughed when I saw them, How lucky for you to have babies. I wonder how she will raise them if you let her? :)

Adorable! Congratulations. ... the photos reminded me of cockleburs. So when momma needs to transport them, does she stick them all on her back? :D

I am wondering when CA will make chameleons illegal to own...no hedghogs, no ferrets, :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom