hector aint hungry

Chameleon Estevez

hector has not eaten in three days now.
he is still going about his normal routine(cruising around his enclosure), normal colors, good grip.
three days ago the weather changed dramatically from spring to summer and I added butterworms to his diet, chowed three or four right away but that is the last he ate, crickets and wax worms are not even the least bit interesting to him. have not seen him poop either.
also a week ago we got a kitten, but already have a full grown cat and malamute and they never even phased hector.
hes about 7 months old.

Is he going to shed? Perhaps he doesn't like the new kitten. I would try and keep all the animals away from him, and offer other foods like roaches, silk worms, flies, and hornworms. Sometimes flying things and bright green bugs get them to eat. I wouldn't be too worried though, it's only been three days.

Try offering some supers to change up his diet. Mine will go through this ocasionally and I offer something else to see if I can get him to eat. He almost never refuses supers but they should not be given as a staple since they have a fairly hard exoskeleton and contain a lot of chitin. He might be constipated as well. Make sure he has plenty of water and up the misting for a few days to see if he poops. You could also put him in a plant and place him in the shower (indirect stream of water like off one of the walls) with tepid or room temp water to see if it prompts him to go. Just be sure not to run hot water on him. Hope this helps.

Try offering some supers to change up his diet. Mine will go through this ocasionally and I offer something else to see if I can get him to eat. He almost never refuses supers but they should not be given as a staple since they have a fairly hard exoskeleton and contain a lot of chitin. He might be constipated as well. Make sure he has plenty of water and up the misting for a few days to see if he poops. You could also put him in a plant and place him in the shower (indirect stream of water like off one of the walls) with tepid or room temp water to see if it prompts him to go. Just be sure not to run hot water on him. Hope this helps.

ya my first thought was hes backed up, ive had that with past chams. Im not a big fan of supers because of their armor. since firt posting the missus has hand fed him a wax worm and i'll get him some crickets tomorry.

Is he going to shed? Perhaps he doesn't like the new kitten. I would try and keep all the animals away from him, and offer other foods like roaches, silk worms, flies, and hornworms. Sometimes flying things and bright green bugs get them to eat. I wouldn't be too worried though, it's only been three days.
he has not shed in 4 months so mabe its time, he is fine with the bitch cat and the 95 lb dog, but I can see him being annoyed with the kitten, its pissing me off right now, no kitty! down kitty!

Back
Top Bottom