Healthy or no?

randy8468

I have no idea how old she is. We have had her for about 1 month. Seems to be growing well. The issue is she has not shed since we have had he. She was sickly seeming when we got her. Should I be concerned?

IMG_20221215_163145.jpg
IMG_20221215_163057.jpg

She seems to be a juvenile. Shedding issues usually has to do with husbandry problems. But if she was underweight, she maybe just catching up. The literally grow out if their skin so not molting at all means she has not grown out of it. You should post pics of your setup and lights too. We have excellent me!bers here who will give guidance on fixing any husbandry issues.

It's a few degrees warmer inside my probe sets outside the enclosure. We mist with hand sprayer 3 times a day. Have been feeding dubia roach's crickets and soldier flies to her. She seems to not be interested in mealworms or super worms.

IMG20221215192432.jpg
IMG_20221215_194551.jpg
IMG20221215192226.jpg
IMG20221215192220.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20221215192310.jpg
    IMG20221215192310.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
What is your feeding schedule? Also your supplements and schedule
16711510050132698907764831546788.jpg

Dust bugs every 2-3 days. Just realized that these are two different things. The feeders get gut loaded with cubes I made of greens, carrots, mango and the calcium flakes I got for the roaches. I am new to this and just trying to keep her healthy and happy for my daughter. Also the chameleon is cool and thinking of getting one for myself. Just now know not to buy one I randomly see on Facebook.

If you can, get rid of the that basking bridge and use horizontal branches... Its better for his feat so they dont lose grip.

View attachment 332785
Dust bugs every 2-3 days. Just realized that these are two different things. The feeders get gut loaded with cubes I made of greens, carrots, mango and the calcium flakes I got for the roaches. I am new to this and just trying to keep her healthy and happy for my daughter. Also the chameleon is cool and thinking of getting one for myself. Just now know not to buy one I randomly see on Facebook.
Hi there welcome to the forum. Which one have you actually been using? The big jar?

I would love to do a husbandry review for you. This way I can give you complete feedback for your girl and make sure you have gotten all the correct info. If you would like to please copy and paste the form below into your reply then fill it out with as much detail as possible.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom