He won't leave my shoulder

SilverWolf

Five month old, Jackson Chameleon. I lured him on my hand today with a cricket, and then I was going to put him right back for the rest of his food. But he wouldn't get off my hand. Tried putting him on the fake plant. Wouldn't go there. He climbed up my shoulder and just won't leave! lol Now I obviously don't mind, and he has no stress colours…has anyone else had their chameleons do something similar?

Yeah same here…I don't mind either but I do worry about "too much handling". So i will at least always take Kai out for sun. :p He's in his weird 7 month stage and always wants to explore or crawl out on my arm so…I oblige.

I was a bit worried at first too, and when i took him outside, there was this rather loud buzzing sound above my head while he was on my shoulder. I was looking down so all I saw was a large bug's shadow. but sure what it was, but afraid it was something considering, Tricky (my chameleon) as a prey, I quickly moved back indoors. Moving so quickly stressed him out at first but he was relaxed again just a few seconds later. After a while on my shoulder he wanted to explore.

The only peculiar thing I noticed was he would sort of paw up at the sky. As if trying to reach something that isn't there.

I was a bit worried at first too, and when i took him outside, there was this rather loud buzzing sound above my head while he was on my shoulder. I was looking down so all I saw was a large bug's shadow. but sure what it was, but afraid it was something considering, Tricky (my chameleon) as a prey, I quickly moved back indoors. Moving so quickly stressed him out at first but he was relaxed again just a few seconds later. After a while on my shoulder he wanted to explore.

The only peculiar thing I noticed was he would sort of paw up at the sky. As if trying to reach something that isn't there.

At my cottage, I have personally seen a large red tailed hawk take a run at a Yorkshire Terrier.
He was circling in the thermals and then dived like WW2 Spitfire. Dog didnt see it coming. It was too big for the hawk, but the hawk knocked him over hard enough to roll a few times and there were a couple of puncture wounds in her back.
Red tail hawks can hit 4ft wingspan pretty easily, a chameleon would be a light snack, so always a good idea to keep an eye on whats above you :)

Noogie is like that too. I try to get him outside, he eagerly climbs on my hand and up to my shoulder. I walk him outside to put him in his outdoor cage, but I cant get him off of me and inside the cage.
I almost have to grab him, but then he climbs to the back of my neck, where I cant reach him, and that is where he wants to stay.

So, when I cant get him off, I just go outside with him happily perched on my back, and I sit in the yard so we can both get some sun :D

That sounds lovely. I just hope that this continues with, Tricky. He's only five months and still warming up to me but he does seem to becoming more and more accustomed to me, which is exactly what I wanted! I'll see what happens tomorrow, and if he enjoys being on my shoulder again I may take him outside. It all depends on the weather. I'll try posting a picture as well.

I just came inside from a sun session with my little man on my shoulder, it has become a daily routine. I go to spray the enclosure and he runs to me, up on to my shoulder and sits. Take him outside and he loves it. Just parks off looking around and when I take him back to the enclosure I have to literally grab him and put him back in.
Really great spending time with him like that. Pity my female just sits in her fav spot, doesn't want to come out and hates it outside. Weird how they can be so different.

Back
Top Bottom