He suddenly hates me?

Jaymetheturtle

I've had Leo for about a month now, he was super friendly with me right off the bat. Then, he became sick (well dehydrated) and now is very hostile towards me. He puffs up a lot more and hides (which he never used to do) What can I do to fix this? I miss him being my friendly little dude.

This is normal chameleon behavior. The only thing you can do is give him time, patience, and space. If you try to handle him when he's like that, it'll only make him distrustful of you

One of my boys is a super grumpy little thing. There is no way he will let my hand near him unless it's to take a bug from me. After that he just puffs up. I hope your little guy gets past his grinchy stage. I'm pretty sure with my Colt it's just who he is.

My Veiled has always, and will always, hate me. I don’t mind it though. It’s just his personality and sunny disposition.

Right? My panther doesn't even tolerate me holding a bug up to him for more than a few seconds before puffing and hissing. Cute little angry baby. You're lucky he was ever your "friendly little dude" ;)

Back
Top Bottom