He is always so dark. Help

??? ok lets not give the same exact advice everyone is giving because i just joined the forum and i dont have a right to speak
I am NOT going to argue with you. You do not know enough to be giving certain feedback. And those of us that have been here and do know husbandry are going to speak up when we see New and Young keepers coming into threads acting like they know what they are talking about. Your now being very immature when I was being very polite. Good luck to you in this forum if this is the behavior your choose to show.

I am NOT going to argue with you. You do not know enough to be giving certain feedback. And those of us that have been here and do know husbandry are going to speak up when we see New and Young keepers coming into threads acting like they know what they are talking about. Your now being very immature when I was being very polite. Good luck to you in this forum if this is the behavior your choose to show.

Good luck to you too gettin your info out of tests and easy stuff from other pages online. I already heard of you from other users and I’m not gonna get teased by you either way. Let’s not discuss lightning as we don’t share the same opinion, really I don’t need someone who helps users by pressuring them and guilt tripping them or scaring them with the mbd stuff telling me not to help on my on knowledge that I collected from the months of research online and from certified chameleon breeders and keepers just because i just joined a forum to share my interest on chameleons and supporting users.

Wow! @C0nwayy I am NOT in the mood to get into it with you. All I am going to say is that if you were so very knowledgeable about chameleons, you would most certainly know that mbd IS a serious problem caused by improper husbandry, including and especially lighting. You have not earned the right to ‘correct‘ the sound, tried and proven husbandry practices, nor insult the well respected, experienced and learned members on this forum. If you question the lighting or other basic husbandry practices, please start a post in which it can be discussed maturely. I am spoken my piece and am done.

Good luck to you too gettin your info out of tests and easy stuff from other pages online. I already heard of you from other users and I’m not gonna get teased by you either way. Let’s not discuss lightning as we don’t share the same opinion, really I don’t need someone who helps users by pressuring them and guilt tripping them or scaring them with the mbd stuff telling me not to help on my on knowledge that I collected from the months of research online and from certified chameleon breeders and keepers just because i just joined a forum to share my interest on chameleons and supporting users.

I have followed the debate till this point.
You are exposing your immaturity and non-understanding the basics too much IMHO to be trustful.
Blank statements like There is no one way how to keep chameleons work only if the ways are correct.
Your argimentagion with the practice if keepers and breeders around you is false.
The majority of breeders aroumd rhe world do terrible and ground braking mistakes. The science can prove that and despite I can have also some hesitations in accepting exclusively all advice given here, the senior people here like Beman and MissSkitless and others tend to Do an awesome Job giving consistent and scientifically based and correct advice, especially to newbies.
I suggest to calm down and be open to study and learn from them and di not rush to spread nonsense (as you do on D3 and ligjting and some food items like mealworms) and get first deeo understanding before you enter the field if giving advice.

Last edited:
. Let’s not discuss lightning as we don’t share the same opinion
I just want to point out that this is kind of ridiculous, you can't have an opinion on lighting when there are FACTS that can prove which types of lighting is best.
knowledge that I collected from the months of research online and from certified chameleon breeders
As petr mentioned above, A lot of breeders don't keep chams correctly and barely keep them alive to breed, then they just die at 2-3 yrs old. Which is why you need to be wise on where you buy your chams.

These people you are arguing with have years if not decades of hands on expirience with keeping chams succesfully. These people are extremely knowlegable and will give correct advice it is best to let them deal with it and you can watch and learn. But to show up and give incorrect advice when you are struggling with issues yourself is quite surpising.

??? ok lets not give the same exact advice everyone is giving because i just joined the forum and i dont have a right to speak

You have the right to speak
For sure
But if you use that right, please be prepared to get feedback
And if you say nonsense, people will tell you, that is their right again
So if you want to enforce your right, be prepared to
Grant the same rights to others

We are not doing here chitchat to play a kiddish game: I have the right to speak

We SAFE LIVES

and, doing so, we can not allow anyone to give advice which is disastrous and causes discomfort, illness or death if chameleons.

We take the issues here damn serious
Because it is a LIFe OR DEATH issuE and not a virtual
Game “I have the right to speak up”

Also, I Would love to hear from you what certified breeders do you have consulted, because I am not aware of any certification of breeders globally, not speaking about the US. So if you build your argumentation please don’t lie and use correct and responsible information

Last edited:
You have the right to speak
For sure
But if you use that right, please be prepared to get feedback
And if you say nonsense, people will tell you, that is their right again
So if you want to enforce your right, be prepared to
Grant the same rights to others

We are not doing here chitchat to play a kiddish game: I have the right to speak

We SAFE LIVES

and, doing so, we can not allow anyone to give advice which is disastrous and causes discomfort, illness or death if chameleons.

We take the issues here damn serious
Because it is a LIFe OR DEATH issuE and not a virtual
Game “I have the right to speak up”

Also, I Would love to hear from you what certified breeders do you have consulted, because I am not aware of any certification of breeders globally, not speaking about the US. So if you build your argumentation please don’t lie and use correct and responsible information

That’s the thing, I don’t live in the US, I’m in Europe, Spain.
And by certified I mean that they do have the paperwork and stuff that the government here asks them to have to make sure what they’re breeding are captive caught chameleons and not wild caught. They have to be registered in this sort of thing, idk how to explain it but basically with that document you prove your cham’s captive bred. Thing about the “argument” is that I did tell the user to get the correct bulb..? I said T5HO but whatever I’m focusing on the positiveness of the forum so I’d rather avoid any confrontation from now on. I joined to help and discuss chameleon matters in a calm friendly way, not to be told to shut up when I’m literally saying what everyone else is saying. That’s all I gotta say.

That’s the thing, I don’t live in the US, I’m in Europe, Spain.
And by certified I mean that they do have the paperwork and stuff that the government here asks them to have to make sure what they’re breeding are captive caught chameleons and not wild caught. They have to be registered in this sort of thing, idk how to explain it but basically with that document you prove your cham’s captive bred. Thing about the “argument” is that I did tell the user to get the correct bulb..? I said T5HO but whatever I’m focusing on the positiveness of the forum so I’d rather avoid any confrontation from now on. I joined to help and discuss chameleon matters in a calm friendly way, not to be told to shut up when I’m literally saying what everyone else is saying. That’s all I gotta say.

My dear,
I know the situation in keeping and breeding. Bamdleons in Soain wuite welm as I am
Owner of one of the biggest groups dwaling with this topic.
And, please father yourninformation in Germany and Czech Republic and Holland and Belgium and eventually US, bur NOT in Spain. It is a territory which is very immature and frequency if compentent breeders is extremely scarce. i know 2.

Ehag yoj speak about is in no way any certification, itnis just the CITES regullagion that has nothing tk do with the level of
Knowledge of the breeder himself.

Please,
The more
Study first and inly then get i to argumentation witb people that know decades better than you.

Look into my links
Go to
ChaMeleonaxademy

And incest your acknowledgeable enthusiasm into learning, not arguing

My dear,
I know the situation in keeping and breeding. Bamdleons in Soain wuite welm as I am
Owner of one of the biggest groups dwaling with this topic.
And, please father yourninformation in Germany and Czech Republic and Holland and Belgium and eventually US, bur NOT in Spain. It is a territory which is very immature and frequency if compentent breeders is extremely scarce. i know 2.

Ehag yoj speak about is in no way any certification, itnis just the CITES regullagion that has nothing tk do with the level of
Knowledge of the breeder himself.

Please,
The more
Study first and inly then get i to argumentation witb people that know decades better than you.

Look into my links
Go to
ChaMeleonaxademy

And incest your acknowledgeable enthusiasm into learning, not arguing

I wasn’t arguing in any moment :,)) just pointing out my opinion. In fact I didn’t want to reply more in case anyone thinks whatever.
Not gonna lie here as far as I met good owners I met irresponsible owners too. But not all of them are bad. The day I got my cham this family at the pet store told me about how they had two veiled chameleons and they kept them together so later on the male killed the female and the male died, idk how, they didn’t tell me.

no. Mealworms should not be fed at all. For a treat I would recommend myself superworms or waxworms maybe.

I see.
Do you think I can give them off to a turtle?
I heard superworms can bite their stomachs.
As for waxworms I’m trying to find some to buy for my cham.

Ooooh I see! It’s understandable tho. Maybe in a future you can look at online pages? I found mine from this second hand page where people post what they sell so they can be contacted. My local pet stores had them at $80 or more. The breeder I contacted sold me mine for $40 and he gave me a box of crickets as well!
While chams from breeders tend to handle stress easily, are cheaper, and strong if I may say, petco and petsmart chams are not recommended because of the abusive breeding chain and bad care, they deserve to have a good life as well. The ones that don’t get bought end up dead. It’s true that by buying them you support these shops but, can we think for the animal lives being sold? While your cham may be more sensitive, you’re saving it’s life and that’s wonderful to think about <3
They are not pressuring me or scaring me, if anything they are helping more than you are, I really appreciate you trying to help but I am going to listen to them on this one, NOT saying that I am an expert though.

Fixed his cage up! How’s it look!?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 74
It is better but he can get too close to that basking fixture now. So pull the basking fixture to the left front side where there is a farther drop to the basking branch. Make sure your temps at the branch are 80. This can typically be achieved with a 60 watt bulb. With Veileds you really want to have live plants because they eat plants. So what happens with the plastic ones is that they still try to eat them. This in turn is dangerous because they can pull off pieces and they can become impacted not being able to pass the pieces. you can use the fake ones on the outside of the cage so it provides cover but he can not eat them.

Here is a link to veiled tested plants you can use. A nice umbrella plant would fill out the cage really well.
https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Chameleon-Plants-122819.pdf

Back
Top Bottom