image.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 149
Hello! I was having the exact same issue with my chameleon, and @Beman was an amazing help! I am not super experienced, but I can tell you that mealworms are not recommended for chameleons. Also, if you have fake plants, I suggest taking them out because a cham could eat the leaves. Pothos plants are wonderful, as soon I put one in my chameleon's enclosure, she was so happy! You can find them at lowes, home depot, plant nurseries maybe? They show that dark color for stress, so maybe a taller plant-like and umbrella plant would help with it possibly being stressed. :D (y)

Actually, let’s just review all of your husbandry rather than play 20 questions. If you could provide the following answers please we can check that all is correct.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

85 is a little warm...could be lowered a couple of degrees. You’re using a 5.0 or 6% uvb bulb? Usually they are darker when trying to absorb heat. However, sometimes it is that they are just unhappy. My Stella was the color of mud when I first got her. She wasn’t planned so she had to spend some time in a small 16x16x30” enclosure until I could order/receive the stuff for her upgrade. Once she settled into her 2x2x4’ enclosure with lots of branches, vines and live plants, she became absolutely stunning.

Ok

He is a male veiled chameleon
6 months
Been in my care for 5 weeks tomorrow
Handle him once every 1 to 2 days
Feed every day crickets and worms
Calcium with and without d3 and use multivitamin
Gutloaded
Watering morning and lunch and dinner time on human time
With mistking mister
Fecal is solid good color
Never been tested for anything
Got him from petco

cage: screen and 13 by 13 by 32 I believe
But about to upgrade to 2 by 2 by 4
Lighting is T5ho liner long bulb and 75 watt heat bulb
Tempature: 70-85
Humidity: 40-55%
No live plants but I might get some
Placement on my nightstand some fans but not direct

In Texas

I can help too if the form is filled out... I am specifically looking for info on your uvb lighting. It does not look to be very bright. Are you sure it is a T5HO fixture and if so what is the bulb strength? I have a feeling your temps are off as well by the look of how close that basking branch below the heat bulb is. If your not using a wired probe with digital temp gauge at that basking branch below the bulb your not going to have an accurate read on temps.

Back
Top Bottom