He is always so dark. Help

Yes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 101
The T5 from Reptisun comesin yellow package. It would be recommended that you purchase a T5 hood and then the appropriate T5 bulb.

Ok

He is a male veiled chameleon
6 months He looks a lot younger?
Been in my care for 5 weeks tomorrow
Handle him once every 1 to 2 days Everyday, as much as he can eat at that age.
Feed every day crickets and worms What kind of worms? If superworms you can only feed them only once to twice a week as a treat.
Calcium with and without d3 and use multivitamin At what frequency?
Gutloaded With what?
Watering morning and lunch and dinner time on human time with mistking mister
Fecal is solid good color what color is "good" color?
Never been tested for anything
Got him from petco

cage: screen and 13 by 13 by 32 I believe
But about to upgrade to 2 by 2 by 4
Lighting is T5ho liner long bulb and 75 watt heat bulb
Tempature: 70-85
Humidity: 40-55% Mist heavily before you go to bed... you want humidity as high as you can during the night.
No live plants but I might get some Fake Plants for Fake Chams
Placement on my nightstand some fans but not direct Chams like to be above us, so move him on a shelf or table if possible to avoid stress.

In Texas

Will this work for now then?
I could not tell you. I am not familiar with that type of UVB T8 bulb. You could use a 10.0 reptisun T8 bulb. So a basking branch would need to be 5-6 inches below the fixture to get enough uvb. This is not a good long term solution though as he matures he will be too close to the top. WIth the one you have now he would literally need to be on the roof of the enclosure to get enough.

Hornworms One a week supers once a week
Mealworms 1 or 2 a day
Waxworms twice a week
Gutloaded with carrots leafy greens Fruit
Fecis are nice brown and creme other part

So I am going to read through this but in the meantime what uvb should I use I am going to get the other one too
And unfortunately I do not know much about the thrive bulbs. They are not commonly used and they do not list their UVB out put the way reptisun and arcadia bulbs do. So I do not know what the output would be equivalent to in order to guide you. If your looking for one to use right now then you would want to go buy the T8 bulb in a 10.0 reptisun. Then you put basking branch 5-6 inches below this fixture so he can get close enough to it.

With the T5HO fixture basking branch would be 9 inches below it for the correct UVB level.

Back
Top Bottom