He finally arrived

bwin287

so just want to post a few pics of my little guy all is well with him he arrived 4 days ago. He looks to be doing well I have witness him drinking and eating from day 1 so all seems good I will post a few pics and an updated husbandry form.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Ordered should be arriving June.
Male Panther Chameleon from Kammerflage arrived 6/3

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Other then placing in its enclosure will handle little to none this will all be determined based on what my Chameleon wants or doesn’t want to be handled

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Main food silkworms along with Dubia, crickets gutloaded with dandelion greens,,apples,sweet potatoes mangos also dusted calcium w/o d3
Treats as in 3 to 4 a week super and horn worms.
Note to this feeding small crickets 6 to 8 ive given 5 crickets twice daily 6 was day 1 and 8 yesterday. all other feeders are ordered and waiting delivery

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
ZooMed Repti calcium W/O D3 everyday
Multivitamin Zoo Med Reptivite 1X every other weekend
and ZooMed Repti calcium W/D3 1X every other weekend alternating W/ multVit.

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

MistKing 2.5 mins twice a day along with 1 gallon dripper also have fogger to run at night if needed to help with maintaining cool high nighttime humidity level.

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
Solid very dark brown with white urate

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

Zoomed Reptibreeze XL both sides and back enclosed with plastic on outside to help with water containment and humidity also made ledges to act like dragonledges also have corner brackets 3D printed to keep the Arcadia light from sitting directly on the top of cage.p

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
36" arcadia pro T5 uvb set with their 6% bulb to lay diagonally 2 in above cage. Basking light is 8.5 clamo lamp with 65 watt bulb basking spot is 11in from light. 12 hrs on off 8am/pm

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Baskin spot 82.5° down to 73° at the bottom of cage measures with
1 hygrometer/thermometer with probe in basking area
1 Govee wireless hygrometer/thermometer for rest of cage.

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Again 1 gauge with probe and 1 Govee 50-55% day 72-79: at night

Plants - Are you using live plants?
Pothos,gold capella schefflera,and

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Spare bedroom furthest corner from windows and vents on 3ft high table.

Location - Where are you geographically located?
PHILA PA, SOUTH NEW JERSEY

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about

Attachments

• 20210606_174624.jpg
    20210606_174624.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 20210606_085517~2.jpg
    20210606_085517~2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 20210604_141145~2.jpg
    20210604_141145~2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 149
Congratulations! Your new little guy is gorgeous and your cage looks really great so far. I’ll just echo @PoseidonTheChameleon’s comment about the need got more horizontal branches/plants if possible. I‘ve been watching Chameleons Only like a hawk recently (buuut it’s looking as though I’ll be going with Framschams instead). Can’t say I’m not envious 😍

I wanted to ask where you got the plastic pieces to attach to your cage walls? Thinking about doing the same thing for a Reptibreeze.

I have 8 different dowels 3 different sizes you can't see some because of them being further in the back which I plan to replace all with branches. I have the branches picked out and cleaned off but still want to give them another good washing and dry before putting them in the cage. As far as plants put more down the bottom? Thanks for the help appreciate
Congratulations! Your new little guy is gorgeous and your cage looks really great so far. I’ll just echo @PoseidonTheChameleon’s comment about the need got more horizontal branches/plants if possible. I‘ve been watching Chameleons Only like a hawk recently (buuut it’s looking as though I’ll be going with Framschams instead). Can’t say I’m not envious 😍

I wanted to ask where you got the plastic pieces to attach to your cage walls? Thinking about doing the same thing for a Reptibreeze.
Those pieces I got from work. So I got lucky not having to purchase acrylic sheets. If you know anyone in the flexo print industry thats where I got them they are in the plate boxes we throw them out all the time.

I have 8 different dowels 3 different sizes you can't see some because of them being further in the back which I plan to replace all with branches. I have the branches picked out and cleaned off but still want to give them another good washing and dry before putting them in the cage. As far as plants put more down the bottom? Thanks for the help appreciate

Those pieces I got from work. So I got lucky not having to purchase acrylic sheets. If you know anyone in the flexo print industry thats where I got them they are in the plate boxes we throw them out all the time.

What you have in the pics you shared looks great. Your cage will look even better with all the branches added after you finish washing them. I know that typically, as many live/chameleon safe plants you can add, the better for hiding places (and from what I understand, keeping humidity levels up since you have a panther). I think the large plant you have sitting on the cage bottom works perfectly as your central or main plant. Since you’re lucky enough to have make-shift dragon ledges, maybe some smaller plants (like a pothos, spider plant or begonia) can be mounted onto those?

in regards to mounting smaller potted plants on dragon ledges, I learned a cool trick in this video (what I’m talking about happens at 2:24):

Mount a pot suitable for smaller plant on one of your ledges. Slip a plant in a same sized pot into the one you have mounted on your ledge. That way, you can easily swap out smaller plants if you decide they aren’t working for you or you just want to make a change. Pretty genius!

Thanks for the heads up on the plastic pieces! Sadly I don’t know anyone in the flexo print industry, but I might be able to use corrugated plastic to achieve the same effect.

Thanks for the help and yes seen that video, happy I seen that before I started the set up. Was sort of sad I wasn't smart enough to have figured that out but hey all knowledge is learned so ill always steal someones great idea so yea I did exactly that. actually in the 1 shot you can see both planters 1 blue inside a gray planter again thanks for the help to everyone who has given any info

Are you talking about the Dragon Ledges?
If so, they can be purchased from Dragon Strand or DIY for considerably le$$.

At a home improvement store, pick up some aluminum stock—bar, angle, or channel (whichever you prefer—something with holes will offer more versatility, e.g. https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=aluminum+shapes ...and some stainless sheet metal screws (#8 x twice the thickness of the aluminum). Cut the aluminum to fit the inside of the Reptibreeze frame, drill a hole at each end (if one isn't conveniently there already), and attach with sheet metal screws.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/little-positive-things.180671/#post-1641789

Thanks for the help and yes seen that video, happy I seen that before I started the set up. Was sort of sad I wasn't smart enough to have figured that out but hey all knowledge is learned so ill always steal someones great idea so yea I did exactly that. actually in the 1 shot you can see both planters 1 blue inside a gray planter again thanks for the help to everyone who has given any info
I definitely missed your hanging plants. Sorry! I thought they were part of the large plant in the middle 🙄 best of luck with your new little cham!

Are you talking about the Dragon Ledges?
If so, they can be purchased from Dragon Strand or DIY for considerably le$$.

At a home improvement store, pick up some aluminum stock—bar, angle, or channel (whichever you prefer—something with holes will offer more versatility, e.g. https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=aluminum+shapes ...and some stainless sheet metal screws (#8 x twice the thickness of the aluminum). Cut the aluminum to fit the inside of the Reptibreeze frame, drill a hole at each end (if one isn't conveniently there already), and attach with sheet metal screws.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/little-positive-things.180671/#post-1641789
I was actually asking about the large plastic pieces used to cover the cage walls, but that’s excellent advice. I was wondering how to go about setting up your own dragon ledges like OP here. May have t; take a trip to the hardware store tomorrow 🙂

I definitely missed your hanging plants. Sorry! I thought they were part of the large plant in the middle 🙄 best of luck with your new little cham!
Its all good wish shipping wasn't so expensive I would have gladly shipped you what you need. we throw out 50X80 sheets of those everyday. Good luck to you too and thanks

Back
Top Bottom