he ate a lizard

I scrolled down too fast... that looks like my first pet lizard and it made me tear up a little..
Im sorry Syn.......

Well i was planning on getting a new veiled on friday But Im going to have to save my money to take Mr ester to the vet and make sure he doesnt have any parasite........:cool:

Yeah, it looks like an anole. You can actually by feeder grade anoles online for fairly cheap (<$5 per). My cham didn't seem too interested in food so I thought a small lizard might cheer him up...it didn't, he didn't seem interested in eating it and didn't seem happy it was in there with him either. Got rid of it the next day.

The outside lizards do carry parasites. I would have a fecal done in the next few weeks.

I will........He seems to be ok...He is under his basking spot.....He even ate a fly after he ate the lizard...:rolleyes:

I still can not belive he ate him

if it was an anole, or gecko your fine. this is even said to be done to keep up a good vitamin balance. if it was a wild lizard say from FL, or TX, and you live in a clean area. I would say you have a better change at giving your cham parasites from store bought crickets in that case

if it was an anole, or gecko your fine. this is even said to be done to keep up a good vitamin balance. if it was a wild lizard say from FL, or TX, and you live in a clean area. I would say you have a better change at giving your cham parasites from store bought crickets in that case

Its seems to be a clean area.....no trash no funky creek anywhere around...I live on a golf course. I have seen the lizards all over the place while walking my dog. It was DEF not a gecko.....I suppose it was an anole. should I not suplement his food for the next couple weeks. I take him outside on a dailey basis for at least 3 or more hours(weather permitting)

Yeah, it looks like an anole. You can actually by feeder grade anoles online for fairly cheap (<$5 per). My cham didn't seem too interested in food so I thought a small lizard might cheer him up...it didn't, he didn't seem interested in eating it and didn't seem happy it was in there with him either. Got rid of it the next day.

Actually, anoles are about as easy to breed as any other feeder. They're very prolific. When I worked at PetSmart they were constantly laying eggs in their cage (just one at a time) about the size of a tic tac, we'd get a few every month. Just put them in a container (the ones we used were the containers PetSmart sells their betas in) with dirt (not too dry, but we didn't actually add any water) just leave them at room temperature and it never takes long to hatch, probably about a month if I remember correctly, and they were about an inch long total length when they hatched. It would be interesting to breed them as something to feed your chams once in a while

your kid in the background is the most hillarious thing i've heard in a looonng time. i'm sorry if thats mean, but oh my god. "thats a bad bad lizard" LOL too cute.

If it makes you feel better he is a spaz!!:D I laughed and Im his mom!! He still loves Mr ester too!! I suppose if he is okay after all of this I will let nova ctach another lizard to feed him in like 6 months or so........:p

Lol

That picture is priceless, fly gets eaten by anole, chameleon eats anole while anole is eating fly. what does this all mean? It means a bad day for the fly :D

Panther age is unknown..........he is over a year old according to the guy i bought him from. The lizard was about 2 to 3 inches without the tail and less than half an inch wide......I plan to watch him and make sure he poops. He usually does on a dailey basis. I check ed his cage over before lights out to make sure there was no poo...( did find a sperm plug YUCK) Ill check it out tomorrow. I probably wont feed him until saturday or sunday since he had a pretty big meal today inclusing what he had already eaten plus he had a fly right after he ate the lizard:p

I will aslo be taking him to the vet in a couple of weeks as suggested by a couple of seniors to get him checked out for any parasite

I'd be interested in the results. Personally, I doubt there'd be anything that harmful, that anole looks fat and healthy.

When you go to your vet, ask him to prescribe you a weak dose of powdered form Panacur. If you dose your cham with that every 6 months he should be fine eating anoles once or twice a week.

I think in the next few decades we will see more people leaning towards using small geckos and lizards as feeders more frequently because of their outstanding health benefits to the larger lizards that eat them.

Hilarious video, I was laughing the whole time ahahaha. THAT'S A BAD LIZARD!! hahahahahahahhahaahaha I'm still laughing. :D

I'd be interested in the results. Personally, I doubt there'd be anything that harmful, that anole looks fat and healthy.

When you go to your vet, ask him to prescribe you a weak dose of powdered form Panacur. If you dose your cham with that every 6 months he should be fine eating anoles once or twice a week.

I think in the next few decades we will see more people leaning towards using small geckos and lizards as feeders more frequently because of their outstanding health benefits to the larger lizards that eat them.

Hilarious video, I was laughing the whole time ahahaha. THAT'S A BAD LIZARD!! hahahahahahahhahaahaha I'm still laughing. :D

Will do. Do yall think i should take him before 2 weeks??

Im glad yall could get a good laugh out of Nova:p;) I figured I would be getting your a horrible Cham mom and human mom:eek:

EDIT: LOL Oh Man!!! "He'S A BAD LIZARD!!!" Your kid is going to hate chams from now on. JK... I hope not... This was a great lesson in the circle of life for your boy, however momentarily traumatizing it may have been.

I have to agree, though I cant help feeling sorry for the littleguy, he was quite upset. Broke my heart, fortunately being a typical little boy he seems to have got over it quickly.

but now he is saying he wants to catch him another one

He may go on to be a great herpetologist! :)

Im glad yall could get a good laugh out of Nova I figured I would be getting your a horrible Cham mom and human mom

No, not at all! Thanks for sharing a golden moment in your childs life, and for a good laugh to boot! :)

Last edited:
I have to agree, though I cant help feeling sorry for the littleguy, he was quite upset. Broke my heart, fortunately being a typical little boy he seems to have got over it quickly. He may go on to be a great herpetologist! :)

Yea, he did. I think he was more PO that Ester ate the lizard that he had just caught! He now thinks that Ester eating the lizard was "very cool" as he would say. He has told 4 strangers alllllllll sbout while taking Rubin our dog for a walk!:rolleyes: Kids are CRAZY!!:D

Back
Top Bottom