HaZaah, digging digging digging

globug

Yee ha, Baby is digging and digging. She hasn't bred with Nacho. Maybe I'll try in the spring. It's been 137 days since she laid her first clutch on June 10th. This is wonderful.

Of course for any female veiled owner the biggest worry is them not liking laying bin and getting egg bound. I'm so happy she's been digging in one spot all morning and is about 1/2 way down. I can't take pictures as her enclosure is covered but I can kinda see in a little because the material I've covered her with is a sarong. She can't see out but I can see in a bit. I don't want to do anything to disturb her.

Thank the heavens. Animals are amazing to do what they were intended to do.

Okay, I took one covert photo. That's it. She stopped digging for a minute. Now back at it. Should I turn off lights?

IMG_2757.JPG

Congratulations, glad to hear she is digging and will be laying with no problems.

I would turn off her main lights but leave a dim light on in the room so there is some light if she wishes to dig through the night.

Bummer, came home from work an she was sitting up at the top and a big hole in the dirt. Seems that when light went up she went and had a rest. Now light is on and she's climbing around....oh yeah, just checked again. She's digging the hole again.

It took a couple days but I think while I was at work today she did her duty. The original hole is covered up and she's looking very thin. I uncovered enclosure and she seemed a little unhappy about that so i'll leave her covered til tonight, bedtime. And I'll take laying bin out after work tomorrow. Thank the heavens.

Back
Top Bottom