Having trouble finding plants in the U.K

tryme

Ok for some strange reason I can't seem to find any umbrellas or many weeping figs. Althought I can find ALOT of pothos plants and some of them are HUGE and I mean HUGE. But yeah I think all of the wyveles around my area have turnt into things like "shirley garden centre" and "croydon garden centre" and they are like the same store but the range isn't as good. Anyone else in the U.K having these sort of problems? I only have 3 pothos plants in my cage atm and I know I NEED more variety!

Ok for some strange reason I can't seem to find any umbrellas or many weeping figs. Althought I can find ALOT of pothos plants and some of them are HUGE and I mean HUGE. But yeah I think all of the wyveles around my area have turnt into things like "shirley garden centre" and "croydon garden centre" and they are like the same store but the range isn't as good. Anyone else in the U.K having these sort of problems? I only have 3 pothos plants in my cage atm and I know I NEED more variety!

i find most of my plants at b&q such as ficus/umbrella/hibiscus & pothos

hope this helps

graeme

Do you have a Thompsons Garden Centre near you? I got Amy a lovely Hibiscus in there for £7.99. I'm also having trouble finding any Schefflera in B&Q, but I put it down to the store refit that is ongoing (taking ages, lol - I need the houseplant section back to how it was, lol!):D

My wyveles store still has some, but it has no pothos! How crazy is that!?

Some places like homebase/B&Q get rid of the all year round plants so that they can sell seasonal plants that look pretty and make more of a profit. They'll filter them back in at the end of summer. They should keep some, but the stock levels are never massive at the best of times!

i find most of my plants at b&q such as ficus/umbrella/hibiscus & pothos hope this helps graeme
Same here, and Focus DIY and homebase....sometimes inside rather than in their garden section.
Apart from them there is an independant garden centre which has loads. They are my main supplier for Hibiscus..as long as they can grow them quicker than mine eat them :D
Also I see Lidl's are stocking some too now should you have one close ;)

Also I see Lidl's are stocking some too now should you have one close ;)

Oooh, yeah! I'd forgotten about them - they should be in store today according to the leaflet we had through the door! I bought a large Schefflera at Lidl last year when they had them in. Lily loved to sit on it in the conservatory and look out the window!

Our local b'n'q has a value pack at the moment, three plats for £4, which includes umberella's, fiscus, that red one Tiff got recently and others.
I was considering swopping them around so i got three of the plants i wanted :D

I'll be going down to our local alde and lidl's tomorrow to have a butchers ;)

Our local b'n'q has a value pack at the moment, three plats for £4, which includes umberella's, fiscus, that red one Tiff got recently and others.
I was considering swopping them around so i got three of the plants i wanted :D

I'll be going down to our local alde and lidl's tomorrow to have a butchers ;)

:D That's what my friend does, lol! She swaps the plants so she gets 2 scheffleras and a ficus! Naughty, naughty!:D I didn't have the balls to stand there and do it, but those plants are a bit on the titchy side anyways! I prefer the £2.99 ones.

Amy HATED the Croton (red one, lol)! I had to take it out - she kept glaring at it from the other side of the viv, lol! I'll try it again another day. It lives beside her viv now so she can see it and get used to it!

Last edited:
Our local b'n'q has a value pack at the moment, three plats for £4, which includes umberella's, fiscus, that red one Tiff got recently and others.;)

Ooooooooooooo must get down and get some....grow some on for later and copy Tiff's friend and choose the ones for now :D..........

Well after my swine flu isolation has finished anyway :mad: oink oink

I see that last year you asked about the ficus danielle, I have just bought 2 for a fiver at Ruxley Garden center in kent if thats any help.

Yeah the thing with weeping fig is if you move it from a lighter area to a darker area it was ALWAYS lose leaves and more than likely die, regrowth is extremely slow.

Back
Top Bottom