Have my eggs drowned?

jojothefirst

My veiled laid 40 eggs today and I have just dug them up but the bottom of the bin she laid them in had a few inches of water. Most of the eggs were submerged in this water.
The time from her covering them back over and me digging them out was about 5 or 6 hours.
Does anyone know what is the likely hood of them drowning or being damaged in this time?

Wow that's unfortunate. How did the water get there? Mister?

It is worth it as an experiment to just incubate them.

Don't do anything to artificially dry them. Just incubate like normal.

You will know in a few days if they are dead. Please report back.

I had a mix of play sand and soil for her to lay the eggs in and I think I didn't have enough sand so at the bottom the soil was very wet. I keep it in her viv permanently so over time it has just gotten to wet I guess, my fault, should have kept a better eye on it.
I have put them in to incubate like normal. They are still nice and white behind the soil and feel normal but I don't know if 6 hours would have killed them!

i had a clutch of yemen eggs drown,they incubated for about 3-4 weeks then went mouldy,the other half sprayed them when i was at work :mad:

graeme

Wow that sucks. Nothing worse than worring about her for days while shes digging, then painstakingly excavation the eggs only for it to all go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom