Hatchling Care Advice (review my research)

A long time ago, to get a better deal, i purchased a chameleon egg. Upon further research, I learned it’s not a popular option and considered inhumane because of the high chance the hatchling won’t make it. I’ve been DIGGING and gathered what seems to be the most agreed upon care sheet for hatchlings up to one month. however there’s a lot of conflicting info. Keep in mind, this is for a newly hatched panther chameleon and i plan to adjust the enclosure and husbandry as it grows. I’m wondering if anyone with experience could review my personal care sheet and correct any misinformation! Be brutally honest! I want this baby to have the best chance at survival possible. thanks :)
E8E083F8-C0A5-424C-9CED-0AA2666123B3.jpeg

I use baby bins and find it much easier to keep an eye on the babies and make sure they are eating and drinking.

18F32DF8-D174-4887-A194-E8614CBD9CDE.jpeg
DD7EC2AC-E30B-4BE5-A243-182FD5AF0255.jpeg

thanks! i’ve definitely considered it however my current setup is super visible and accessible. does my info match with your usual hatchling husbandry?
Pretty much. I use UVB right off the bat and I’ve never used fogger on babies. keep an eye on the temps and make sure they stay around 80. I also offer a variety of feeders. If you only feed fruit flies, he will be a extremely slow grower. They will eat small pinhead crickets along with the FF. Normally, they don’t start eating until two days after they hatch. By two weeks old mine will eat tiny silk and hornworms. Also they love things that fly. When I can find them I get mantis ooths to hatch for the and they go wild for the baby mantis.Don’t forget to gutload your crickets.

Back
Top Bottom