Hatching pics...

Jerm

Avid Member
I checked these F. pardalis eggs when I was getting ready for work this morning. I found 11 little noses and one foot peeking out at me. They will probably be out by the time I get off of work this afternoon. Luckily I keep plenty of fruitfly cultures for my dartfrogs these day so I don't have to panic and run around town looking for feeders. Here are a couple of pics that I took before i left:
DSCN6719-1.jpg

DSCN6716-1.jpg

This is the sire of these babies "Steve" (ambilobe):
DSCN6166-1.jpg

Last edited:
I would have called in sick so I could watch them come out. They are on the way and as usual ypur pictures are excellent.

Thanks guys! I get off of work in about 30 minutes and I can't wait to go home and see how many are out. No matter how many times that I hatch these little guys I still get excited every time. I will post more pics on here when I get home.

Thanks guys! There are 6 that have fully hatched and 9 more that have split the end of their shells. These guys are bigger hatchlings than their mother was when she hatched. I'm not sure what causes that but I like it. I will post more pics when I get home this afternoon.

Just an update, I have 16 that have fully hatched out by Halloween. There are still 8 eggs in that clutch that aren't doing anything but still look viable. I have had eggs in the past hatch as many as 6 months after the first initial group has hatched from the same clutch, so i will have to keep an eye on the rest. It could be awhile. I will post pics later of the new babies.

very nice! good lookin boy you got there. as well as the babies. congrats. one day i would like to hatch some babies.

Back
Top Bottom