Has this ever happened to you...

I took my cham down to the local UPS yesterday afternoon and shipped him off as usual. My unhappy customer called me this morning saying that her cham didn’t arrive and it wasn’t going to arrive until tomorrow morning. So I called customer service and they said someone forgot to put him on the plane!!! I’m so worried about the little guy ;(
I hope he arrives safely and there are no problems.

I’m just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with UPS…
I’ve shipped over a hundred chameleons now and this is there first mistake I hope it doesn’t happen again ;(

It'll probably be fine. If the temps are not too hot, should be fine. The dangerous time is when they're on the truck and it's hot. Those trucks get hot.

I took my cham down to the local UPS yesterday afternoon and shipped him off as usual. My unhappy customer called me this morning saying that her cham didn’t arrive and it wasn’t going to arrive until tomorrow morning. So I called customer service and they said someone forgot to put him on the plane!!! I’m so worried about the little guy ;(

I’ve shipped over a hundred chameleons now and this is there first mistake I hope it doesn’t happen again ;(

I was waiting in my front door for my cham when i got them and i got SOOOO PISSED when i saw the ups guy walking up with the box sideways when it said on all the sides THIS SIDE UP and pointed to the top. I looked at the guy and really wanted to say "hey dumb f*ck, can you read? carry the box the right way!" as if their jobs are sooooo hard!

This always makes me weary of buying a chameleon out of state. I fear for the little things. :(

I was waiting in my front door for my cham when i got them and i got SOOOO PISSED when i saw the ups guy walking up with the box sideways when it said on all the sides THIS SIDE UP and pointed to the top. I looked at the guy and really wanted to say "hey dumb f*ck, can you read? carry the box the right way!" as if their jobs are sooooo hard!

I would of snapped. i get so pissed at that kinda stuff... >.< Like you said, its not that hard to notice which way to hold it... makes you wonder if they toss the boxes up into the truck when there in a hurry... Or stuff like that

Anyways, hope your chams okay bud.

-Levi

I recently had something like this happen. Due to a technical problem with one of UPS' planes, my package missed its connecting flight. It was supposed to be a Friday delivery, even. They retagged it for Saturday delivery, per policy, and had it here by 10:30am the next day. Both chams were fine, although I sure was worried.

yes the shipping is guaranteed to be there if you pay for next day. You do not have to pay for shipping. if you got insurance and he does not make it you can take matter up with them. I am sure he will make it no worries.

-Clemonde

That is great news :D

My worst UPS experience is when they delivered my cham to the right address but in the wrong state. (UPS fault - not breeder) Sat on a front porch for hours, lady freaked out when she opened the box, repackaged it back up, rang UPS and they sent it back to the breeder.

The luck of the pixies was with him as it was mild weather and that he is a tough little lizard. He was in transit for 2 1/2 days before he arrived back at the breeder very thirsty. 7 days later he made the UPS trip again and made it safely overnight :)

Although I have never shipped a chameleon, I have experienced delays with UPS as I was a logistics manager for a garment manufacturer and a large part of my day was shipping goods through UPS, FedEX and DHL. I have had to ship items for next day am delivery on a regular basis and have had packages delayed in transit for a day or two. Here's my advice.

1. Track the package on the UPS website, you can also see the details of the shipment for dates and times when the package reaches certain loading docks and airport at UPS Facilities. This will tell you where it was delayed.

2. Get UPS on the phone and have then give you a reason why the package was delayed. At first they will give you a simple answer like "we experienced a delay while you package was in transit". In my case a package sat on the dock in Oakland for 2 days! Be persistent and push for a reason why it was delayed. In my case the customer service representative told me that it was forgotten on the dock.

3. Now you have your leverage point. Be sensible, don't curse but be very firm and express your frustrations that you paid good money for that package to be shipped next day (and in this case a live reptile). If you wanted to put it's life in danger and take 2 or 3 days you could have shipped it ground.

4. At this point they will promptly apologize, and in my case they gave me credit for the cost of shipping.

Once again I know i have not shipped any chameleons and I'm glad the little critter made it alive and well. But you do always have the right to call the company and let them know that it's not ok.

Delayed packages from UPS happened to me a few times although I have never experienced this problem with FedEx. However when FedEx delivers to a residental address in my neighborhood they just leave it on your door step without a signature and in some cases without ringing the door bell or knocking.

However when FedEx delivers to a residental address in my neighborhood they just leave it on your door step without a signature and in some cases without ringing the door bell or knocking.

This has happened to me when I got a box of crickets. I was in my house all day and the guy just walks up, puts the box down, leaves. I figured they had the wrong house, didn't notice they put a box down, and then a couple hours later, I notice, hey, my crickets are here?

I recieved some geckos once that were labeled "THIS SIDE UP" and as I was signing for the package the UPS lady was flipping the box end over end as she was telling me where to sign. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom