Has a shot?

Brokaylacham

Established Member
Hey guys, I wanted to see if this pic I just took of my baby cham might have a shot, please let me know what you guys think!
IMG_0695.JPG

I definitely like the acorn/berry additions, just make sure it's clear and you have just as good as chance as most.

When a digital file is moved, you loose a little of the image integrity. Then, when you edit it, you loose more, and finally, uploading it to the forum makes it loose even more quality. That's how digital photography works. (Sorry. I'm a photographer.)
You're not losing any data when just moving files otherwise this would happen on any type of file which would be a nightmare since it would corrupt the file when moving it.
The PC doesn't care if the file you move a picture or a document, it's all binary to the machine.
Only when there's a form of compression of the file (not by zipping the file but compressing the actual file) there will be a loss in data and quality.
(Sorry. I'm an System Engineer.)

The main reason why your picture looks better on the screen of your phone is that the resolution (pixel count) of your phone's screen is often the same of that of your average computer screen while the screen is a 5.5" screen compared to an average 15" screen of your laptop and 24" screen of your desktop so your pixel density is way bigger.
Also a lot of mobile phones have their settings set to make colors pop while your laptop/pc screen is configured for the best long term viewing pleasure.

Now I'm stepping in to Angelwolf's territory and I'm to lazy to edit photographs so not going in to detail ...
I think the most important things about getting a good photograph is just taking your time and get that good picture, editing should not even be needed to win and personally I don't really like them staged pictures either.

But if you want to edit and have a good camera you can shoot in a RAW (or lossless jpeg) format to avoid losing data that would normally be lost storing in jpeg.
Then you have the best starting point to edit your photo before you resize/compress and upload it. You'd also need a good editing program, I think lightroom is often used for post processing photographs.

Lightroom is good. I use Capture One. But that's just my preference. Anyway, to the OP: it is a nice picture, and I hope you have fun taking more! (y)

you also may think your hand is steady when in fact its not, if you have something you can set your phone on or maybe a tripod itll be much sharper because there will be no movement.

wow guys thank you so much! This was very helpful info, I'm trying to find my sisters camera right now because its really good, I will definitely use all of this info thank you!

Keep trying. I would try to have less clutter in the background. The branch a is nice and your cham is cute but the window frame in the background is distracting.
I know how hard it is to get your cham to cooperate in the spot you want them and facing the direction you want them to.

Back
Top Bottom