Hardest post ever...

Socalison, Im very happy for you, congratulations! Glad you recovered him unharmed.
I did say I thought a crow would have a difficult time with a lizard like that.
Probably his flexabilty (being a cham) allowed him to twist and squirm his way free
before he could be carried off.
Likely hung on to the tree for grim life and the falling tree scared the crow away.
Its all good! :)
Be glad you dont have kookaburra's where you are!

kookie.jpg

Good news!! Glad you got him back. Sooooo do you still think the crow was involved with all this? I still think that Lombardi was airbourne some how or unless you missed a spot during your search for him. Anyhow that crow stuck around later because he still wanted his dinne but Lombardi wins and crow has to look elsewhere!

Oh,Snap!

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to offer to come over and look with you.

I bet your going to look at him differently now;):D

Yes Chamaeleo Calyptratus... Veiled Chameleon, Just a lizard... But a lizard that I have raised from 12 grams to almost 200, spent hours upon hours of my life, and hundreds of dollars on just this little chameleon to make sure I am doing everything necessary for this cham to live a happy comfortable life in my possession. And watching him thrive in my possession and learn to trust me, has added to my attachment. So I guess if you look at it... While he is just a lizard... He is actually a lot more than that to me. If you can't understand that(which I know most on this forum can), then you should have been hugged more as a child. Maybe I am a naive animal freak...but I love that lizard... Which makes him a loved one in my book.

BUT ANYWAY!!!!

LOMBARDI IS BACK!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I AM ECSTATIC!!!!

SLOWFOOT!!! I owe it all to you!!!

I had never even thought of this... But when I read your post when I was at home for lunch today I thought that was a great Idea... Lombardi LOVES the ladies. So I took his lady Sookie out in a cage that was visible from most parts of the area... And let her stay in there while I went back to work for the last half of the day. When I got home I went right to the cage... And sure enough... Lombardi was hanging on the side of the cage with his colors flaring. He is FINE! No visible marks or scratches! He did seem quite shaken up and actually very aggressive with me for the first time since I owned him when I brought him in. I am thinking the crow tried to land on the tree to grab him, knocking the tree over, and giving Lombardi time to duck into the bushes real quick.... Thank Goodness!!!

I have to sincerely thank everyone who posted with such kind words... I don't know I would have ever found him had it not been for the people on this forum offering me advice and condolences, but most of all...telling me not to give up. I am so happy right now...

I will stop before someone tells me there are better things in the world to be happy about.

Thanks Again Guys!!!

This is such great news. There are quite a few of us on the forum who feel a strong connection with Lombardi. You must have been indescribably overjoyed. Most of all for getting him back, but also the incredible joy you must have felt as your guilt was relieved and released. I think I actually felt worse for you than for Lombardi (though earlier today I couldn't even bring myself to even think what could have happened to him). Another happy ending, and a great idea for others to use who run into the same situation. Thank you for having the guts to begin this story, and how wonderful that we get to experience this terrific ending together.

Sorry for all the schmaltz, here, but I am being totally sincere.

HOLY %$&# balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you must have just been soooooooo happy, cant imagine the feeling :) true love reunited hahahah :) AWESOME, and super congrats, dont let him out of your site ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!! wahoO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully he didn't eat anything bad during his absence.. I am so glad for this happy ending. Simply marvelous. :)

But all happiness aside, during his "alone time", do you think he could have eaten something bad? Drank bad water?

I'm paranoid about things like that, but watch his behavior, and make sure he stays healthy! A vet visit may be in order to be safe.

Glad to hear he's back. :)

HAH! My pessimism has gotten me far.... mwahaha! I'm normally optimistic, but in the case of chameleons, "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." :D

any battle scars? is his health lookin pretty good.

No visible scars or scratches... He looks like he was lovin' it out there for 2 days. The weather was beautiful... and based on the places I searched thoroughly knowing that it was a chameleon I was looking for, he had to have been high in the trees surrounding my house. You look up from my property up into the trees and it is cham heaven. In this case it seems the crow helped him in being able to take a little field trip by knocking his tree over allowing him to disappear into the greenery. He has definately learned how to show his aggressive side while he was out there. He started flaring his lobes and hissing when I brought him, two behaviors he has never before shown. The natural environment seems to have also brought out a new hew in his colors. My girlfriend Julia mentioned that he most likely got in touch with his aggressive side having to defend himself from the gangs of squirrels and crows that live in the trees he would have been in, I think she is right. Anyway, he may settle in, regardless of if he is now a pissy cham or not, I am just glad to have this guy back... there was such a void in that big cage.

Glad I could help. But mostly glad you got him back. No male chameleon can resist the siren's call of the ladies :D

Very Nice !!!!!!!!

:D:D All I can say is WOW. Well I will post on the other thread seeing how 12 pages later this thread managed to get hijacked by a german thread crapper. LOL:D:D:D

OMG im soooooooooo happy for you, when i first read the post, I felt so sick i didnt even know how to reply back to it. But im so happy, i have a smile on my face that i cannot unscrew!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D fantastic this gave me goosebumps when i read it:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

gotta love a happy ending!!!!!!!

sorry double post:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom