Harder to care for panther morphs?

ok well im a "simple minded newbie" who reads alot about anything i plan to care for.. and maybe its because im not a breeder or have 4 plus yrs with panthers and all that goes with it..but and this is just my own simple newbie minded opinion...but the thread started as a simple question as to if a crossed panther was harder to care for and it seem that it has turned from answering that to heated debate on keeping bloodlines pure and how...worthless crosses are because all they are is a travesty to a locale...at least that what ive gotten from reading this thread...i actually had to back to page one and re-read the OP lol..so just for the record...and clarifying my ignorance...cross panthers ARE NOT harder to care for than pure breeds right?

now just because im a member here and enjoy all the topics posted...PERSONALLY...personally i love the pure breeds...i also love the crosses. now this is a differnet catalyst but similar topic..but i bred "pits" for a long time..and i dealt with single bloodlines like..."redboy"top n bottom..single bloodline..beautiful dog but i notice that most of the "single" lines i dealt with all had issues..some with skin issues, some had nasal passage issues, some have terribly brittle nails..but they are pedigree pure blood lines..then we at the kennel decided to mix some of our pures...the dogs are still pedigree for the breed...but they looked alot better and were generally healthier overall. now they still have the papers, its listed with dame n sire info..its listed with having 2-4 bloodlines on them but that doesnt mean that they were less of a quality animal than the single lines..

now.. as far as panther chams go...are there any issues or conditions that are more prone to one locale that another? or generally speaking.. are pure bred chams more prone to conditions or getting sick than crosses or vice versa? Does anyone have any experience with that?

HERE HERE! I love crosses. I disregard all the slander on them. I understand why people frown upon them when it comes to breeding. However, I think they look spectacular. Sometimes better than pure locales. It's just important to be truthful about what you have if you are trying to sell it. I plan on buying a Ambilobe x Ambanja morph for my first panther. I couldn't decide which locale I liked more so why not get a hybrid? It's the best of both worlds.

It's ALIVE! Thanks Dr. Frankenstein, for officially reviving this dead thread, hehe.

Let me add something so that I don't hijack a dead-revived-already-hijacked-off-topic-thread...Anyways, I don't hate crosses, but I see them as having only display value. The thing that annoys me is when people breed crosses with pure panthers and then try to sell them off as pure locale panthers. Some crosses do look nice, but you can also say that beauty is subjective. Is an Oustalet any less beautiful because it has no bright colors? Panthers have evolved in such a way that they can be easily distinguished by their colors, diluting and mixing their blood ruins their naturally evolved beauty.

Wait a minute, the OP never really asked about this anyways...OP, in case you never had your question answered, NO it is not harder to care for Panther morphs...or actually Panther locales...or is it Panther crosses.

JackieChanMeme.jpg

Last edited:
Yes lol I brought it back to life!!! Hahahahaha

Maybe cuz im in for show not profit or breeding they all look amazing to me but from what I've read most chams cant be crossed, you can mix a Doberman with a yorkie(y would you lol but labradoodles are super popular and expensive for a mutt lol) but you can't mix a panther with a veiled...the species has developed a way distinguish locations apart yes but it has also developed a way to survive that most chams dont possess by being able to mix And im not disagreeing that crosses are more for show not breeding and I would never try to pawn off a mix as not but if mine bred and were mixed, I'd blast the fact that that they were and hype up the wicked colors lol and yes this is like 4 threads in one lol

Bravo Harry! THANK YOU for saying that it's not the animals fault, which seems so freaking obvious but people on here still call crosses names, insulting them as if the poor chameleon even knows what's going on. Which is not only absolutely riddiculous but completely unecessary. I've heard individual hybrid panthers called any number of condescending insults more times than I have fingers and toes to count them on.

I also agree about the info on this forum. There are probably dozens of senior members on here that don't stick to the husbandry "standards" that are constantly pushed for new members. But I bet you that all of them are afraid of saying what it is they do (and works for them) because of the critisism. Which is a shame, because I think we lose information this way. Instead of investigating and trying to push newer, better UV lights like the Megaray ones from Reptile UV, for example, people are too busy stuck recommending the 5.0. While other forums are actively sharing different experiences and husbandry techniques that might be out there but work.

Finally someone said it! I wish there was more open sharing without some of the vultures who prey on posts- just waiting to be negative. Everyone has good information and I feel it would be best if more people shared their honest expirences

Finally someone said it! I wish there was more open sharing without some of the vultures who prey on posts- just waiting to be negative. Everyone has good information and I feel it would be best if more people shared their honest expirences

i think this deserves it own thread...and just silly enough and dumb enough to start it..again if its been done lol:cool:

Back
Top Bottom