Hanging plant?

stephenr

So the enclosure is taller than wider, so I was going to place a croton at the bottom but was thinking a vine/hanging plant would be good up towards the top so the chameleon can travel up and down. I was looking at a wandering jew would work because the branches could grow down. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this plant?

https://www.amazon.com/Purple-Wande...0&linkId=8ce5e84a1e0efafd047215450b0f94b9#Ask

upload_2017-9-15_21-39-38.png

Bend a branch is great for traveling. You can get them with free shipping if you have amazon prime. They have different sizes. I have two large ones in my cage creating an almost coil like affect from top to bottom. I also have thinner bend a vines running through out lateral in all directions. Then i use golden pothos as my live plants. Have 1 scheflera survivor. Also a bunch of mossy sticks and one really thick branch up top as his basking branch. I got that from a real life tree and baked it in the oven to cure it.

I found one but like the other poster stated the vines did not seem like they would support the weight of a chameleon. I did get a croton it's got some growing to do. Would the pothos also have the same problem, not being able to support the chameleon's weight?

Wandering Jew is excellent, they simply don't die... pothos are also great. I'd personally use both. The pothos will hold water droplets better for drinking and has a thicker stem, while the wandering jew will grow much faster and fill out the cage

Can you share a picture of your set up, so we can see? I looked at a wondering jew yesterday and the plant was too big in opinion, I thought splitting it off.

I'm wanting to get a plant just like that so he can travel down, but how can you hang it up in the cage? I'm new to chameleon cage setups

So since the extending parts of a schefflera aren't very large are they not a good chameleon plant? I've heard lots of people use them and that's what i use but havent gotten my chameleon yet, skills i go with a pothos and something else instead?

I found one but like the other poster stated the vines did not seem like they would support the weight of a chameleon. I did get a croton it's got some growing to do. Would the pothos also have the same problem, not being able to support the chameleon's weight?
I have wandering Jew and Pothos. Mine will climb pothos some but it's mainly just to grip and get from one place to another. They won't sit like they would on a branch. Wandering Jew he just kind of tramples on, but they grow very fast and look pretty. Same with red prayer plant.

image.jpeg Here is my setup, I used outside branches, bend a branches of all sizes, Exo Terra hanging plants, and real pothos. My veiled and panther love the bend a branch and real branches and never really walk on the real plants but they like to drink from them.

Those are my fully planted juvenile cages and my planted 4' free range

Attachments

• 20170728_132331.jpg
    20170728_132331.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 177
  • 20170728_131835.jpg
    20170728_131835.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 217
  • 20170728_131855.jpg
    20170728_131855.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 20170623_132449.jpg
    20170623_132449.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 192
I bought it from nick barta on full throttle feeders, you could make them with a cut pvc pipe, vinyl screen background and bottom, with a super magnet hot glued a drilled hole on the top.

@hopps31 Your veiled is very close to that bulb?? Might just be a weak bulb, not criticizing you. But I'd be careful of burns

Thanks, I love feedback and don't take any suggestions as criticism;)

It is actually only a 30 watt bulb and it is on a lamp dimmer, it still is on point on temp. wise but is not hot at all! Though now that he is getting older his temps will need to be raised higher, and I will be definitely moving up the bulb so he won't get burned:)

Back
Top Bottom