Hanging Around the Bottom of the Cage

Red Bishop

Are there any reasons that an ambilobe male would spend time at the bottom of a cage? I had other posts about him being small for his age and mentioned that maybe he is a she, but he is blue (though not really colorful for an ambilobe). Now I catch him daily going to the bottom of the cage.

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Ambilobe Panther, male, 14 months. 12 months
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Not often, 1-2 times a month.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? 1/4 - 1/2 crickets. Repashy Bug Burger. Cup feeding 10 - 20/day.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Repashy Calcuim Plus daily.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? DYI mist king type system with Mist King nozzle. 4 x per day / 5 minutes each
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Brown with white tip.
Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? No.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 24 x 24 x 48 screen enclosure.
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? ReptiSun 5.0Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Overnight min: 66F, normal: 72-74F, Basking: 82 - 85F. Digital thermometers
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? 45% low - around 60 - 70% after misting. Digital humidity gage
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Draceana, Umbrella, Pothos
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? In dining room. Traffic only when the kids go into the sun room. Top of the cage is 7' from floor.
Location - Where are you geographically located? Delaware

A female ambilobe would not be blue but it would be normal for a female to be at the bottom of the viv, do you have a pic of the Cham?

Apart from that I would worrie if he look healthy and weekly hydrated, he may just be looking for food or going lower to cool down

IMAG0210.jpg

I little blurry

Back
Top Bottom