Hand feeding

seanUTD

So my Cham has FINALLY let me hand feed him and I'm hoping that's a sign that he has become acclimated to me... True or false?

Both... it does mean that he is more comfortable with you, but he still may not be fully acclimated or be okay with handling. I hand feed my Jackson's (free ranged and WILL NOT cup feed!), and they are great with hand feeding. But they hate being handled. My veiled was the same way - would hand feed no problem, but if I didn't have food and even looked at him the wrong way, he'd be pissed.

It does mean he's more comfortable with you though... just be patient and don't be pushy about handling. You have to earn their trust slowly, and hand feeding is a great way to do that, as you're seeing.

well, for me, my chameleon only allows handling and hand feeding if theres something in it for him. otherwise its best not to intrude haha. good luck with yours tho!

Both... it does mean that he is more comfortable with you, but he still may not be fully acclimated or be okay with handling. I hand feed my Jackson's (free ranged and WILL NOT cup feed!), and they are great with hand feeding. But they hate being handled. My veiled was the same way - would hand feed no problem, but if I didn't have food and even looked at him the wrong way, he'd be pissed.

My cham is the same way. He cup fed as a baby in a cage, but as soon as he was free ranged, he will not cup feed - only by hand or loose.

well, for me, my chameleon only allows handling and hand feeding if theres something in it for him. otherwise its best not to intrude haha. good luck with yours tho!

Yes! If my cham wants to go out, he's all over me. Otherwise, I'm just an annoying intruder.

Back
Top Bottom