Hammy and Ivy Baby Thread

I FINALLY got a a decent picture of Fiji. I quickly stuck my hand into his enclosure and snapped the shot. My oldest was like, "Wow, he didn't try to bite you. He must be in a really good mood today." 🤣

If you look in the background you can see all the triangle bite marks in his pothos. My kids get so much enjoyment out of watching him destroy his beautiful plants.

It’s nice to see a good picture of handsome Fiji! ❤️❤️❤️ They really love hibiscus and the dollar plant.

83CAF282-9EE2-4F70-B60E-F5E29CF02EB4.jpeg
AB3ABA37-7D94-49CA-A12A-C629C0C02263.jpeg
Iroh update! He’s such a gentle giant. He is so complacent with just sitting on my arm in the morning while we look out the window. Such a calm sweet little angel. Very excited for his first birthday next month!

Here is Bane... 11 months old. He is a small dude with a ton of personality. I have tried to get a real measurement but he is not about that. So if I hold a ruler up to the cage with him 5 inches away on the branch I get roughly 7 inches from vent to tip of nose. He is staying steady at 125-126 grams.

2-11-21.jpg

Here is Bane... 11 months old. He is a small dude with a ton of personality. I have tried to get a real measurement but he is not about that. So if I hold a ruler up to the cage with him 5 inches away on the branch I get roughly 7 inches from vent to tip of nose. He is staying steady at 125-126 grams.

View attachment 292423
I love seeing all the brothers lol! I’m seeing a trend for the brothers that look like Bane and Marsh. They might have the smaller gene lol! Marsh is also around 120 last I checked. Paddy is 160.

I love seeing all the brothers lol! I’m seeing a trend for the brothers that look like Bane and Marsh. They might have the smaller gene lol! Marsh is also around 120 last I checked. Paddy is 160.
That’s a big size difference! 😮 Hammlet is a bit in between. Last I weighed him he was 134 Gm. Trying so hard not to overfeed him. He kills me every night when he sleeps in his shooting gallery or runs down to it every time I approach him.🥺

I think they are just growing at different rates, unless they are being underfed. For the smaller males I would do daily feeding for a while longer than larger boys. I cut Hunter to every other day around 8 months and three times a week by 10 months since he was growing so quickly, at each feeding he gets 8ish 3/4 inch crickets and one to two silks or horns depending on size. Now he weighs around 170. He will fill out more with age. Most of my adult males at 18 to 20 months old weigh 200ish.

Last edited:
I think they are just growing at different rates, unless they are being underfed. For the smaller males I would do daily feeding for a while longer than larger boys. I cut Hunter to every other day around 8 months and three times a week by 10 months since he was growing so quickly, at each feeding he gets 8ish 3/4 inch crickets and one to two silks or horns depending on size. Now he weighs around 170. He will fill out more with age. Most of my adult males at 18 to 20 months old weigh 200ish.
Now I’m wondering if I’m under feeding Hammlet. I feed him 5-6 feeders 3 days a week (plus occasional treats). Should I be feeding him more?

Now I’m wondering if I’m under feeding Hammlet. I feed him 5-6 feeders 3 days a week (plus occasional treats). Should I be feeding him more?
Bane gets the same except I do splurge and give him a treat or two on the weekends lol
I really think he is just going to be smaller. I have not seen any real growth to his body in over 2 months. Just filling out mostly and the casque getting a bit taller. He has been on this schedule now the last month... Still making gradual gains.

Yeah they seem to be either huge or smaller in size. It freaked me out a few months ago that so many of them were bigger than Bane so I even ran a fecal to make sure there was not a parasite that he picked up. Came back clean.

Yeah they seem to be either huge or smaller in size. It freaked me out a few months ago that so many of them were bigger than Bane so I even ran a fecal to make sure there was not a parasite that he picked up. Came back clean.

In my 15 + years experience it all depends on how and what you feed them. I’d recommend feeding Bane everyday for awhile. Three times a week is not enough. You are only suppose to cut back their feeding when they are growing super fast. Your should go by size and not age when cutting back on food.

Back
Top Bottom