Hammy aka Ham Bone

littlevillage

Well, I've had Hammy a year now, and what a joy he his. My insticts were right when I seen him at the pet store a year ago when he was just a tiny baby. I said he would be a friendly one & no one believed me. Boy...were they all wrong!
066.jpg 062.jpg
By the way, that's him in my avatar when I first brought him home.

Last edited:
Thanks. He has grown a lot, it's hard to believe that he was that small once upon a time. I was lucky to get a pic with him showing some color because it's not very often that he does. He's a pretty laid back guy, & an absolute sweetheart. I got lucky with him.

LOL We almost named our Veiled Hammy...but from "Over the hedge":D He is very nice!!
I named him Hammy because he was such a "ham" when he was a baby. I bought him from a pet store, while he was there he was in a 10 gallon tank with another veiled. The other one was always hiding, but not Hammy. He was always right in the front trying to climb on your finger through the glass. Everyone told me that he only did that because he was unhappy in his enviroment & looking for a way out. Well, a year later, he's still more than willing to climb aboard.

Hammy does sound like a ham, well named. He is also a great looking cham. My male veiled is just beautiful, but he is very much look and don't touch.

Back
Top Bottom