Gutloading Roaches With Rabbit Pellets?

Syn

Avid Member
My friend has recently suggested feeding rabbit pellets to my B. Dubia, she says they seem to enjoy it a lot more than just dog/cat food alone.

I think it's called "supreem from kaytee".

Ingredients Sun-cured Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Middlings, Ground Grain Products, Plant Protein Products, Cane Molasses, Salt,
Lignin Sulfonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, DL-Methionine, Vitamin A Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide,
Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Ethoxyquin (a preservative), Copper Sulfate, Niacin, Menadione Sodium
Bisulfite Complex (source of vitamin K activity), Cholecalciferol (source of vitamin D3), Calcium P

edit: Crude protein (min.) 16%, crude fat (min.) 2%, crude fiber (min.) 15%, crude fiber (max.) 18%, moisture (max.) 12%, calcium (min.) 0.5%, calcium (max.) 1%, phosphorus (min.) 0.4%, salt (min.) 0.25%, salt (max.) 0.75%, vitamin A (min.) 1000 iu/lb.

I believe the protein is soy protein.

http://www.petco.com/product/6081/Kaytee-Supreme-Daily-Blend-Rabbit-Pellets.aspx#description

Should be fine. I used guinea pig food instead - it has vitamin C in it.

Alfalfa is very high in protein, but it's plant protein, so it should be ok.

I use plain Alfalfa pellets from time to time in my dry gutload.
no problem using the fortified /mixed stuff for your roaches. But do be cautious if you're feeding the roaches off to the chameleons - things like Vitamin A can build up and become toxic, and also the dog/cat food can lead to gout.

Of course the dog and cat food she is using just goes into her breeding colony, but with the rabbit food too, they really enjoy it.

I don't feed roaches too often, it's more like a weekly snack because my colony is running a bit low lately. For some reason the males are dying off like flies! :(

I will be careful with the vitamin A intake.

Back
Top Bottom