Gutloading, dusting etc. question...

Danicuteeyes

Ok here's my feeding regimine:
Calcium without D3: almost every feeding
Calcium D3: every other week
Herptivite: maybe once a week

Ok here is my question...since the crickets eat cricket crack and that should have vitamin A...should I dust them with herptivite?

and is it bad to just feed them cricket crack? is that too much vitamins? will my chameleon overdose?

While cricket crack is a great dry gutload, you shouldn't only feed that to your crickets. You still need to gut load with fresh greens and fruits. I can't remember at the moment why it shouldn't be fed as a single food source to crickets, but I'm sure others will chime in.

everyone i know that has large collections and feeds their crickets with crack still give at least an orange slice and some kale and herpivite every other week. Like calcium with D4 the first sunday, then herpivite the next sunday and then d3 again the next sunday and herpivitie the sunday after that if you get the idea.

you do need to offer more than just cricket crack, some kind of fruit or greens

cricket crack is a great gut-load but should be fed with greens and veggies such as:

kale
turnip greens
dandelion greens
collard greens
alfalfa
prickly pear
escarole
endive
mustard greens
acorn squash
butternut squash
scallop squash
spaghetti squash
summer squash

you might not be able to find all of these but it is good to rotate the veggie and greens so if you run into some of those pick it up and feed it to your crickets:cool:

Back
Top Bottom