gutload

chamzilla91

How does a homemade gutload of carrots, apples, oranges, red lettuce, romaine lettuce, kale and also could I add cucumber and oatmeal to the mix?

Ya I forgot to say the dandelions lol. And I forgot to get collard at the store so the next batch will have collard in it

this member has a GREAT gutload. they sent it to me and it was awesome and easyhttps://www.chameleonforums.com/members/drcrossfire/ if you pm them let them know i told you about the gutload

What if I like put some of the gutload on a slice of fruit or some lettuce or dip an insect in the gutload and then feed it to the cham? Just an idea, and seems that it could possibly make the whole gutloading thing irrelevant cuz the insects would have a lot more of the gutload per insect so that would = more vitamins/ minerals? Please set me straight on this I am wrong, it was just a thought

How does a homemade gutload of carrots, apples, oranges, red lettuce, romaine lettuce, kale and also could I add cucumber and oatmeal to the mix?

I'm not sure I'd use to much lettuce or cucumber as they are mostly water, kale is good, but don't over do it either because it has sorta high Oxalates (which can block some of the absorption of calcium) but it small amounts all thoses are good.

some good ones are greens (collard and mustard), squash, bell peppers, sweet potatoes (lightly steamed)

What if I like put some of the gutload on a slice of fruit or some lettuce or dip an insect in the gutload and then feed it to the cham? Just an idea, and seems that it could possibly make the whole gutloading thing irrelevant cuz the insects would have a lot more of the gutload per insect so that would = more vitamins/ minerals? Please set me straight on this I am wrong, it was just a thought

well some chameleons eat veggies and fruits so I guess it would be ok, tho I'm not sure as it maybe more veggies than they would normally eat (just my speculation here but I would think the insects break down plant matter so it is easier to digest). I'd leave the dusting for calcuim and vitamins and just feed the insects well.
I have been thinking of dusting with bee pollen from time to time, as they would undoubtedly ingest some in the wild.

My gut load is blended dandelion greens, green cabbage, carrots and apple.

I put the mix in ice cube trays in the freezer. When I feed the locusts, I just defrost a cube and put that in for them.

Saves me wasting full bags of greens!!!

Do panthers eat fruit/veg too?

One little question how do you get your veiled to eat veg ive tried little dishes tomatoes quiwi fruit etc etc but he just ignores will only eat live insects and worms :confused:

They won't really pay much attention to the dish. Offer the veggies/fruit to them with your fingers or tweezers and idk about other peoples veileds but mine knows what the fruits/veggies are and will just eat them off of leaves or vines if I put the stuff on them

Mine only likes to eat the fruit but not the veggies.... I guess they assume its a plant like their trees and dont mess with it. They never eat the leaves off their plants either... =[ a bit disappointing XD I have picky veileds. I was told last night to try showing them one thing that they like and switching it out with the veggie... havnt tried it yet though

Back
Top Bottom