Gutload *Cucumber* safe?

txskunk

just curious if cucumber is a safe for gutloading with, don't want to make my leezard sick or something.

Thanks and good day

TxSkunk......

please double check with her, but i am almost 100% certain that SandraChameleon said cuccumber was fine to use. but please double check before using it.

Cucumber is safe to use. I've been using it with no problems. I actually use it as a water source for my roaches. :D

anybody know about zucchini? I couldn't find it on Sandra's blog. Nevermind just found it lol

Last edited:
Thanks very much.. the last thing i would think of is skinning for pesticides but makes lots of sense....

Cucumbers are safe, but they have the wrong calcium to phosphorous ratio (more phos than cal), so they shouldnt make up the bulk of your gutload. Cucumber doesnt actually provide much in the way of nutrients. Its almost pointless to use it, really.

If you buy organic, the skin can be washed and left on. If you buy other than organic, remove the skin.

Curious, should we be peeling the skin of all fruit we gutload with or does this just apply to cucumber?

Curious, should we be peeling the skin of all fruit we gutload with or does this just apply to cucumber?
i would think pretty much anything if it's not organic, just because of the risk of pesticides and such, whether fruit or veggie....

I wouldnt use cucumber if i were you, its perfectly safe but it has more phosphorus to calcium then it should. Its not even a very nutritious gut load. It might work as a water supply, but for a regular gut load, not such a good idea. Make sure you peel your plants your goin to feed them especially if they are not organic, all the pesticides are on the skin. When you feed citrus fruits make sure they are organic as alot of pesticide is used to get through the thick skin. Hope this helped :)

Back
Top Bottom